Rockford Seeks to Right the Ship against Monsters
ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford IceHogs welcome the Cleveland Monsters to the BMO Harris Bank Center for a divisional showdown on Tuesday night.
Puck drop is at 7 p.m. and fans can tune in to all the action on Cozi TV 23.3 or Dish Network Channel 252, beginning with IceHogs Warmup at 6:30 p.m. IceHogs fans can also listen to the game at sportsfanradio1330.com or watch live at AHLlive.com (subscription required).
Matchup: The IceHogs (25-20-3-3, 6th Central) take the ice tonight having dropped five of the last six games with a 1-4-1-0 record in that time. However, the Hogs have enjoyed success on their home ice throughout 2017-18, and enter Tuesday with a 4-1-1-1 clip at home since Jan. 6.
Defenseman Adam Clendening currently boasts a season-high five-game point streak and leads Rockford with 13 points (2g, 11a) in 13 games since making his team season debut on Jan. 12. Clendening is now just three points shy of tying the franchise's all-time scoring record for team defenseman, trailing only Brian Connelly's 134 career points with the Hogs.
Tyler Sikura potted a goal in the IceHogs' most recent game on Saturday at Iowa, giving the forward goals in three of his last five games. The rookie winger now also leads the team and ranks third overall in the AHL in goals with 12 tallies over his last 21 games.
In net, goaltender J.F. Berube will likely make his second start since returning from injury on Feb. 10. Berube turned away 27 of 29 shots against Iowa on Saturday and now boasts a 2.40 GAA on the season.
Cleveland (15-25-4-3, 7th Central Division) travels to Rockford with just three wins in its last 10 contests. The Monsters are led in scoring against the IceHogs by the Broadburst brothers, who have combined for 13 points through the first six games of the series. Alex Broadhurst paces all Cleveland skaters with eight points (3g, 5a) against Rockford, while Terry Broadhurst ranks second with five points (2g, 3a) in five appearances.
Between the pipes, Matiss Kivlenieks is 8-13-2-0 with a 3.07 GAA for the Monsters this year. He enters Tuesday having won each of his last two starts.
Next Home Game: Saturday, Feb. 17 vs. Cleveland Monsters (6 p.m.)
Rockford completes the back end of a two-game set against Cleveland with a 6 p.m. tilt on Saturday. The contest is the second of three "Our Town, Our Team" bobblehead giveaways, with the first 2,500 fans receiving a free bobblehead of Toronto Raptors guard, Fred VanVleet (presented by Rock Valley Culligan).
American Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2018
- Colorado Avalanche Recall Forward Rocco Grimaldi from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Tokarski 40-Save Shutout Pushes Win Streak to Four - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Charlotte Dominates Wolf Pack 6-0 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Claim Second Straight Win, Top IceHogs 3-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Canes Recall Brown from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Nedeljkovic Snags Second Straight Shutout in 6-0 Win - Charlotte Checkers
- Bridgeport records at least 40 shots for the fifth time this season, but falls to 0-3-2-0 against Lehigh Valley - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Move - San Diego Gulls
- Colorado Avalanche Recall Defenseman Duncan Siemens from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- AHL Hands Down Suspension to Callahan - Bakersfield Condors
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Canucks Recall Philip Holm, Comets Sign Frankie Simonelli - Utica Comets
- Time for Valentine's Day, Admirals Style - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bears Weekly #19: with Fresh Blood, Bears Head to Canada - Hershey Bears
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Samuel Laberge Reassigned to Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Rockford Seeks to Right the Ship against Monsters - Rockford IceHogs
- Bears Recall Defender Tommy Hughes from South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Iowa Wild Recalls Jack Walker, Reassigns Forward Pavel Jenys - Iowa Wild
- Barracuda Sign Forward Caleb Herbert to PTO - San Jose Barracuda
- San Diego Gulls Recall Alex Dostie - San Diego Gulls
- San Antonio Recalls Forward J.C. Beaudin from Colorado Eagles - San Antonio Rampage
- Moose Sign Lotz, Release Hildebrand - Manitoba Moose
- Monsters Sign Forward Michael Kirkpatrick to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- St. Louis Blues Recall Oskar Sundqvist from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Return to PPL Center this Saturday, Sunday - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- T-Birds Assign Downing, Beauchemin to Manchester (ECHL) - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Weekly: Penguins Return from New England Maintaining First - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sound Tigers Add Benoit from Blue Jackets - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Monsters Announce Roster Moves - Cleveland Monsters
- Sound Tigers Complete Homestand Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Amerks Recall Danforth from Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Red Wings Reassign Sadowy to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Weekly - Cleveland Monsters
- Iowa Downs San Antonio 3-2 for Third Consecutive Win - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.