Rockford Looks to Keep Rolling Tonight
Rockford, Ill.- Goaltender Alec Richards backstopped the Rockford IceHogs to three-straight wins last week and the Hogs look to keep things going tonight as they host the Texas Stars at the BMO Harris Bank Center.
Puck drop is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. The IceHogs square off against the Stars for the first time on the campaign. Last season, the Hogs split their four game set against Texas with a 2-2-0-0 record. In 18 all-time meetings against Texas the IceHogs show a record of 7-7-3-1, including 3-4-1-1 on home ice.
Tonight's game is a WXRX Dollar Day as fans can get $1 hot dogs, soft drinks, beers and companion tickets. One lucky fan will also shoot for a chance to win a brand new car during the second intermission in the Toyota Showcase Shootout.
For tickets, visit IceHogs.com, by calling (815) 968-5222 or at any Ticketmaster outlet and the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office. Starting with tonight's game, the IceHogs are teaming up with ESPN 1380 and WIFR to hold a youth sporting equipment drive. Fans are encouraged to bring in new or gently used sports equipment to receive a special ticket offer (buy one ticket, get one free) for any IceHogs home game through the January 11th game. Additionally, all fans who donate will be entered into a raffle for a chance to win four (4) club lounge tickets and a complimentary dinner buffet for the game on Dec. 27 against the Chicago Wolves.
Tonight's game can be viewed on WIFR's 23.2 "Weather Now," Comcast Cable channel 436, Charter Cable channel 970, Mediacom 101 or online through AHLlive.com.
Fans can listen to the game on SiriusXM NHL Network Radio (Sirius 207, XM 92) or online at IceHogs.com.
Richards appeared in three of Rockford's first 15 games prior to last week where he came in and picked up three wins in as many games, stopping 82-of-88 shots faced with a 2.20 goals against average and .931 save percentage.
Winger Ben Smith and defenseman Adam Clendening have Rockford's offense going as well. Smith has accumulated points (3g-4a) in five of his last six contests and ranks second on the team with six goals on the campaign. Clendening registered three-straight multi-point games (2g-4a) before being held off the score sheet in the IceHogs 4-3 shootout win on Saturday in Lake Erie.
Next Home Game: Friday, Dec. 7 vs. Milwaukee Admirals at 7:05 p.m. The IceHogs and Admirals clash at the BMO Harris Bank Center in the first of five matchups between the two squads in December. One lucky fan will shoot for a chance to win a brand new car in the Toyota Showcase Shootout during the second intermission.
American Hockey League Stories from November 27, 2012
- Hogs Squander Early Lead, Fall 5-4 - Rockford IceHogs
- Stars Erase Early Deficit, Win 5-4 in Rockford - Texas Stars
- High Five the Hogs this Holiday - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Recall from Loan Jonathan Hazen and David Pacan - San Antonio Rampage
- Amerks Continue Homestand with Another Busy Three-Game Week - Rochester Americans
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Dallas Returns Hubert Labrie To Idaho Stars - Texas Stars
- Barons Recall Dan Ringwald from Stockton; Loan Teigan Zahn to Stockton - Oklahoma City Barons
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Rockford Looks to Keep Rolling Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Milwaukee Admirals Weekly Update - Milwaukee Admirals
- Penguins and Tobyhanna Army Depot Join Forces for 14th - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins to Skate Wednesday at Rosa Parks Circle to Kick Off "Wednesday is Hockey Night" - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Cannata Heads to Chicago - Chicago Wolves
- IceCaps Release Whitmore from PTO - St. John's IceCaps
- B-Sens Team with Magic 101.7 for 2012 Teddy Bear Toss - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals Recall Guentzel from ECHL Fort Wayne; Three Others Head to Komets From Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Giant Center to Host Penn State Men's Hockey on February 1 - Hershey Bears
- Stars Weekly (Week 8) - Stars Complete Home Stand, Grab Three Points In Week 7 - Texas Stars
- NTV Teddy Toss Slated for December 7 - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.