Rockets Deal Vasko to Red Deer
The Kelowna Rockets have traded European import player Filip Vasko to the Red Deer Rebels.
Vasko, a native of Humenne, Slovakia, was in his second season with the Rockets and had three goals and seven assists in 19 games played this season.
In return for Vasko, the Rockets acquire a conditional sixth round bantam draft selection in 2013.
Vasko joined the Rockets for the 2011-12 WHL season and had 12 assists in 51 games last year as a rookie.
The Rockets are coming off a 3-2 win over Tri City last night in Kelowna, the team's ninth straight home ice victory.
Kelowna plays host to Moose Jaw on Friday night and tickets are available through Select Your Tickets.
Western Hockey League Stories from November 29, 2012
- Teddy Bear Toss, Two Home Games this Weekend - Kamloops Blazers
- Statement from Portland Winterhawks in Response to WHL - Portland Winterhawks
- WHL Issues Statement Regarding Sanctions Imposed on Portland - WHL
- WHL this Week: Looking Ahead - WHL
- TELECO, Rogers Unveil Special Holiday Offer - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Medicine Hat Tigers Reach Movember Fund Raising Target - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Rockets Deal Vasko to Red Deer - Kelowna Rockets
- Rebels Make Deal With Kelowna - Red Deer Rebels
- Raiders Sign Daae - Prince Albert Raiders
- Kelowna Squeaks out 3-2 Victory against Tri-City - Tri-City Americans
- Moose Jaw Beats Giants 2-1 Wednesday Night - Vancouver Giants
- Kelowna Holds off Tri-City 3-2 - Kelowna Rockets
- Oil Kings Fall 5-4 in Shoot Out - Edmonton Oil Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.