Rochester Red Wings Place Outfielder Rene Tosoni on 7-Day Disabled List
ROCHESTER, NY - The Rochester Red Wings today placed outfielder Rene Tosoni on the 7-Day Disabled List with a lacerated left ring finger. A corresponding roster move will be made prior to tomorrow's game at Lehigh Valley (Phillies).
Tosoni sustained the injury while sliding into home on a safety squeeze attempt during Saturday's game against Buffalo (Mets). He has missed the last five games after starting in left field in each of the club's first three contests. He went 1-for-9 (.111) with a double, RBI, walk, and run scored.
The 25-year-old Tosoni, who was selected by the Twins in the 36th round of the 2005 First-Year Player Draft, is in his second season with the Red Wings.
International League Stories from April 13, 2012
- Six-Run Third Propels G-Braves Past Durham, 12-7 - Gwinnett Braves
- Tides win over Charlotte - Norfolk Tides
- Indians Walk off in Front of Record Crowd - Indianapolis Indians
- Post-Game Notes - Friday, April 13 Vs. Pawtucket - Rochester Red Wings
- IronPigs Squeak by Chiefs in Series Finale - Syracuse Chiefs
- Indians Set Victory Field Attendance Record - Indianapolis Indians
- Rochester Red Wings Place Outfielder Rene Tosoni on 7-Day Disabled List - Rochester Red Wings
- Whitley and Wise Shine in SWB Yankees 7-5 win at Buffalo - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bisons Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre at Buffalo - Buffalo Bisons
- G-Braves Stampede Bulls 7-1 in Home Opener - Gwinnett Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.