Riders Re-Sign Tristan Jackson
The Saskatchewan Roughriders announced today that they have re-signed import defensive back/kick returner Tristan Jackson who entered free agency this week. Financial details of the signing were not released.
Jackson came to the Riders last season in a trade with the Edmonton Eskimos in March, 2011 where he spent the previous three seasons. Originally thought to be a primary kick and punt returner Jackson went on to earn a spot as a starting cornerback for the Green and White. The soon to be 26-year-old started in all 18 games for the Riders and tallied 71 defensive tackles, five pass knockdowns, two forced fumbles, one interception and one tackle for a loss. He added 57 punt returns for 448 yards and 23 kick-off returns for 550 yards.
Since entering the CFL in 2008, the Central Arkansas product has played in 56 regular season games and added 82 defensive tackles, five pass knockdowns, five tackles for a loss, three special team tackles, three interceptions for 123 yards and one touchdown. In addition he had 235 punt returns for 2,148 yards and three touchdowns as well as 132 kick-off returns for 2,911 yards and one touchdown.
Canadian Football League Stories from February 17, 2012
- Riders Re-Sign Tristan Jackson - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Argos Harbour "Ill Will" - Veteran Lb Willie Pile Re-Signs with Double Blue - Toronto Argonauts
- Edmonton Eskimos Release 2012 Schedule - Edmonton Eskimos
- Schedule Set for Final Season at Ivor Wynne Stadium - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Road to the 1ooth Grey Cup Starts with Jam Packed RONA Canada Day Kickoff - CFL
- Alouettes Unveil 2012 Schedule - Montreal Alouettes
- Lions Open 2012 with Grey Cup Rematch - B.C. Lions
- 2012 Argos Schedule Offers Fans Variety & Strong Matchups - Toronto Argonauts
- Blue Bombers Unveil 2012 Schedule - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- CFL Releases 2012 Schedule - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Rider Great Gene Makowsky Announces Retirement - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Tiger-Cats Bring Andy Fantuz Home - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.