Riders Mourn the Loss of Frank Tripucka
The Saskatchewan Roughrider Football Club would like to extend its deepest sympathies to the family of former Roughrider quarterback and coach Frank Tripuka.
Frank joined the Roughriders in 1953 as the starting quarterback. He stayed with Saskatchewan until the start of the 1959 season at which time he was traded to the Ottawa Rough Riders. He rejoined Saskatchewan in a coaching capacity midway through the 1959 season. After three more years away, Tripucka returned to Saskatchewan in 1963 for a final season as a player with the Riders.
The New Jersey native played 96 CFL regular season games over eight seasons throwing for 15,506 yards and 87 touchdowns.
Canadian Football League Stories from September 12, 2013
- Riders Mourn the Loss of Frank Tripucka - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers to Move to CFL's West Division in 2014 - CFL
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers to Move to CFL's West Division in 2014 - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Esks Release Purvis - Edmonton Eskimos
- Alouettes sign Roberto Wallace to practice roster - Montreal Alouettes
- Roughriders Make Statement on Player Incident - Saskatchewan Roughriders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.