Revs Battle FC Dallas in Mobile Mini Sun Cup Opener on Wednesday
TUCSON, Ariz. - The second and final phase of the New England Revolution's preseason preparations hits full swing on Wednesday afternoon, when the Revs will kick off the Mobile Mini Sun Cup against FC Dallas at 1 p.m. ET (streaming live on revolutionsoccer.net).
It'll be the first of four matches for the Revs in the Mobile Mini Sun Cup, as they'll also face USL side San Antonio FC (February 17), Sporting Kansas City (February 21) and a yet-to-be-determined opponent in their preseason finale (February 24).
Wednesday's game could see the debut of central midfielder Wilfried Zahibo, who joined the Revs late last week after obtaining his U.S. P-1 Visa. The 6-foot-2 Frenchman is an imposing presence in the middle of the park, and is settling in with his new club in Tucson.
Center back Antonio Delamea - last year's JetBlue Team MVP - could also make his 2018 preseason debut, having missed the Revolution's three matches in Bradenton, Fla., while traveling to his native Slovenia to obtain his green card.
Juan Agudelo and Krisztián Németh have also yet to appear in a preseason match with the Revs as they've been battling minor injuries, but both appear close to making a return.
This is the seventh consecutive year that the Revs have closed out their preseason preparations in Tucson, having participated in the Desert Diamond Cup the previous six seasons.
Major League Soccer Stories from February 13, 2018
- Windy City Beats Raptors 905 99-91, Heads into All-Star Break Strong - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- Impact Faces Chicago Fire Wednesday Night in Bradenton - Montreal Impact
- Montreal Impact Soccer Schools Unveil March Programming - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Signs Alex Roldan and Jordan McCrary - Seattle Sounders FC
- Fire Resume Preseason Slate with Friendly against Montreal Impact on Wednesday - Chicago Fire
- Revs Battle FC Dallas in Mobile Mini Sun Cup Opener on Wednesday - New England Revolution
- Sounders FC Announces IHeartMedia as New Radio Broadcast Partner, with 950 KJR AM Becoming Radio Flagship - Seattle Sounders FC
- Toronto FC Sign Defender Auro - Toronto FC
- Sporting KC Acquires $100,000 of General Allocation Money in Trade - Sporting Kansas City
- United Acquire Yamil Asad from Atlanta United - D.C. United
- Owundi Joins Pangop as Second Cameroon International with MNUFC - Minnesota United FC
- Atlanta United Acquires up to $600,000 in Allocation Money in Trade with D.C. United for Yamil Asad - Atlanta United FC
- Real Salt Lake Launches Innovative Local Streaming and Ticketing Partnership with KSL - Real Salt Lake
- FC Bayern Munich & FC Dallas Announce Landmark Player Development Partnership - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.