Revolution Spoil the Return of Jason Land, as Skeeters Fall to York
The Skeeters had a great start Thursday night, jumping out to a 3-0 lead in the first inning, but fell 4-3 to the York Revolution. In the first, Sugar Land scored three runs on a Jeff Dominguez double, a Brian Burgamy single and a Travis Scott groundout, but after that outburst in the first inning the Skeeters bats were held quiet. It was the Revolution's offense that heated up, putting up two runs in the fourth and another two runs on the board in the sixth inning, thanks to an RBI single from Wilson Batista that drove in two. Batista also drove in three of the four Revolution runs in the game. The Revolution bullpen then threw three scoreless innings to secure the win.
Up Next : The Skeeters will send out RHP Cesar Carrillo (2-2, 4.07 ERA) in game four of this six-game homestand to face off against Revolution RHP Corey Thurman (4-13, 6.60 ERA). Friday night is "Hispanic Heritage Night" at Constellation Field with a post-game concert sponsored by Bud Light.
Skeeters Notes :
Jason Lane : (L) 6 IP, 7H, 4R, 5 K
Steve Moss: 2-4
Brian Burgamy: 1-4, RBI, SB
Ryan Langerhans: 1-4, 2B, R
Jeff Dominguez: 1-4, 2B, RBI, R
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from September 12, 2013
- Revolution Spoil the Return of Jason Land, as Skeeters Fall to York - Sugar Land Skeeters
- Barnstormers Bats Topple Ducks - Long Island Ducks
- Somerset Patriots Thursday Night Game Cancelled - Somerset Patriots
- Tracy Tees Off As Revs Win Third Straight - York Revolution
- Skeeters Drop Second Straight to Revolution in 8-4 Loss - Sugar Land Skeeters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.