Reno Bighorns Partner with Saint Mary's for Educational Assemblies
RENO, NEV., January 31, 2013 - The Reno Bighorns have partnered with Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center to provide educational assemblies about staying active and fit throughout the community, the team announced today.
"Teaching youth about healthy living and making smart choices with their diet is a key component to their long-term success," said Jamii Uboldi, marketing manager at Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center. "At Saint Mary's we value education and we are proud to partner with the Reno Bighorns to keep our community healthy."
The Bighorns, along with representatives from Saint Mary's, will travel to different schools around the area to teach children about eating healthy, staying fit and the importance of education. The "Building Bright Futures" assemblies kick off this afternoon at the Riverview Christian Academy.
"Saint Mary's has been a valued part of our community and continues to reach out to make a difference," said Herb Santos, Jr., owner of the Reno Bighorns. "With their help, we hope to provide our message of the importance of education, eating healthy and staying active to all of the youth in our community."
For more information on the assemblies, fans can visit the Bighorns website at www.renobighorns.com or call the Bighorns office at 775-853-8220.
NBA Development League Stories from January 31, 2013
- Skyforce Acquires Farrakhan - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Indiana Pacers Re-Assign Miles Plumlee to NBA D-League Affiliate Fort Wayne Mad Ants - D-League
- Cavaliers Recall Kevin Jones from Charge - Canton Charge
- Reno Bighorns Acquire Franchise Record-Setter Desmon Farmer - Reno Bighorns
- Reno Bighorns Partner with Saint Mary's for Educational Assemblies - Reno Bighorns
- Energy Name Bruce Wilson Head Coach - Iowa Energy
- Jam Fall 107-99 to D-Fenders - Bakersfield Jam
- D-Fenders Defeat Jam for Second Straight Win - Los Angeles D-Fenders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.