Reinhart and Brossoit Invited to Junior Team Selection Camp
Edmonton, AB - The Edmonton Oil Kings are proud to congratulate defenceman Griffin Reinhart and goaltender Laurent Brossoit on their invitations to Canada's National Junior Team Selection Camp. Thirty-seven of Canada's top junior-aged players (born in 1993 or later) have been invited to take part in Canada's National Junior Team selection camp, Dec. 11-13, 2012 at the Markin MacPhail Centre at Canada Olympic Park in Calgary.
Reinhart is the fifth captain in the modern era of the Oil Kings franchise. Reinhart signed his three-year, NHL entry-level contract this summer with the New York Islanders. The 6'4" 202-pound blueliner made Oil Kings history on June 22, 2012, as he became the Oil Kings highest-ever NHL Draft pick. The Islanders drafted Reinhart fourth overall, as he was the first of three Oil Kings chosen in the top 32 of the draft. Last year, Reinhart set career highs with 58 games played, 12 goals, 24 assists, 36 points, a +23 rating rating and 38 penalty minutes. He has previous experience in the Hockey Canada Program of Excellence as he posted seven points in six games for Team Pacific at the 2011 World U-17 Hockey Challenge, was an invite this past summer for the 2012 Canada-Russia Challenge and particpated as a member of Team WHL at the recent 2012 Subway Super Series.
Goaltender Laurent Brossoit is back to form in 2012-13 with an 11-2-2-3 record, a 2.56 GAA and a .904 save percentage. "LB" had a strong showing at the recent Subway Super Series vs Team Russia with a 30-save shutout in Game 5. A sixth-round pick of the Calgary Flames, Brossoit had a huge breakout season in 2011-12. The native of Surrey, BC set new Oil Kings records with 42 wins, a 2.47 GAA and 61 games played. He also thrived during the 2012 WHL Playoffs capturing the Eastern Conference and WHL Championship MVP honours with an amazing 16-4-0-0 record, .933 save percentage and two shutouts. Brossoit is an Oil Kings draft pick who was selected 26th overall in the second round of the 2008 WHL Bantam Draft. This summer, Brossoit competed in the seventh-annual Program of Excellence goaltending camp in Calgary. He was then one of three goaltender selections for the 2012 Canada-Russia Challenge in August.
In total, 31 of the players named to the selection camp roster were drafted in either the 2011 or 2012 NHL Entry Drafts, including 13 first-round selections and eight second-round picks. Twenty-two players will be selected to represent Canada at the 2013 IIHF World Junior Championship, December 26, 2012 to January 5, 2013 in Ufa, Russia.
Western Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2012
- Silvertips Recall Defenseman Micheal Zipp - Everett Silvertips
- Week in Review - Kamloops Blazers
- Chiefs Insider Airs Tuesday Night on SWX - Spokane Chiefs
- Teddy Bear Night and Movember a Success - Kamloops Blazers
- Tyler Alos to Retire from Hockey - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Broncos Acquire Lernout from Blades - Swift Current Broncos
- Raiders Acquire Draft Pick - Prince Albert Raiders
- Chiefs Weekly Report - Spokane Chiefs
- Jordan Eberle Night Wednesday - Regina Pats
- Weekly Ice Report - Kootenay Ice
- Yakubowski Player of the Week - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Lethbridge Hurricanes' Jaimen Yakubowski Named Denny's WHL Player of the Week - WHL
- Engel Earns Player of the Month Honors in November Fan Vote - Prince George Cougars
- Three Winterhawks Invited to Canada's National Junior Team - Portland Winterhawks
- Rockets Sissons Named to Team Canada's WJHC Tryout Roster - Kelowna Rockets
- Reinhart and Brossoit Invited to Junior Team Selection Camp - Edmonton Oil Kings
- 37 Players Invited to Canada's 2012 National Junior Team - WHL
- Rielly Recieves World Jr. Invite - Moose Jaw Warriors
- McNeill Invited to World Junior Selection Camp - Prince Albert Raiders
- Lipon to Canada's National Junior Team Selection Camp - Kamloops Blazers
- Tip Top Tailors Player Of The Month Named - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Raiders this Week - Prince Albert Raiders
- Pat Chat - Regina Pats
- T-Birds Drop Blazers - Seattle Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.