Reign Corral Bulls in 7-0 Shutout
DALY CITY, Calif. - The Ontario Reign (9-4-0-0), defending Pacific Division Champions and proud affiliate of the NHL's 2012 Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings, earned their fifth consecutive win with a 7-0 shutout against the San Francisco Bulls (3-8-0-2) on Saturday, Nov. 10 before a crowd of 4,517.
The Reign dominated the first period, though it was 22 seconds that made the difference on the scoring sheet. Mario Lamoureux stole a Bulls clearing attempt and fed a pass to Jason Beeman between the circles where the Reign forward one-timed a shot past Thomas Heemskerk to put the Reign up 1-0 at 13:19. Moments later, Devin Setoguchi extended the Reign lead to 2-0 with his first ECHL goal. It was the 112th professional goal for Setoguchi who has played 336 NHL games split between the San Jose Sharks and Minnesota Wild.
Ontario racked up another 16 shots in the second period as the Bulls managed just three. Beeman took advantage of confusion in front of the Bulls net to make it 3-0 Riegn at 7:57. Lamoureaux and Kyle Kraemer assisted on the play. Kraemer's assist was the 100th point of his Reign career.
The Reign put the game away in the third period with four goals on 16 shots as Ontario registered a season high 48 shots to San Francisco's nine. C.J. Stretch and Colton Yellow Horn each scored goals to extend their scoring streaks to six games. Setoguchi netted his second of the game and Kraemer padded his Reign all-time goal record with his 43rd.
JF Berube earned his first shutout and 4th win of the season with six saves, while Heemskerk took the loss with 41 saves on 48 shots.
1. ONT - Jason Beeman
2. ONT - Kyle Kraemer
3. ONT - Devin Setoguchi
ECHL Stories from November 11, 2012
- Veilleux Assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wheeling Nailers
- Titans' Streak at Six; Fall to Reading in Shootout, 4-3 - Trenton Titans
- Hunwick Shines in Victory over Walleye - South Carolina Stingrays
- Late Orlando Rally Comes up Short in 2-1 Loss to Gwinnett - Orlando Solar Bears
- Jackson, Lee Lead Gwinnett to Eighth Straight Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Evansville IceMen Weekly - Evansville IceMen
- ECHL Transactions - November 11 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs.Gwinnett Gladiators Today - November 11 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Titans Gameday - Game 12 vs Reading - Trenton Titans
- ECHL Today - November 11 - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Visit Walleye on Veterans Day - South Carolina Stingrays
- Reign Corral Bulls in 7-0 Shutout - Ontario Reign
- Aces Take 6-4 Win, Complete Sweep of Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Aces Sweep Wranglers with 6-4 Win - Alaska Aces
- Idaho Rallies for Shootout Win - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.