March 10, 2008 - Western Hockey League (WHL) - Regina Pats
The Week in Review
March 7th/08- Regina Pats-3 Vs. Edmonton Oil Kings - 0
The Pats went into Friday night\'s contest, looking to get some breathing room in the tight Eastern Conference, as the Edmonton Oil Kings visited the Brandt Centre ... The Pats opened the scoring in the 1st period, as Colten Teubert notched his 7th goal of the season, on a nice point shot ... The score would not change until forward Scott Doucet would score his 15th of the season and 5th as a Pat, making the score 2-0 after two ... In the 3rd frame the Pats would get insurance from assistant captain Brett Leffler, as his bullet shot eluded the Oil Kings\' netminder, making the final score 3-0 ... The Pats went 1 for 3 with the man advantage, while the Oil Kings were 0 for 2 ... Linden Rowat picked up his 30th win of the season Friday night , to along with his 3rd shutout of the season ...
March 8th/08- Regina Pats-4 Vs. Prince Albert Raiders - 2
The Pats made their home stand a perfect success Saturday night, defeating the visiting Prince Albert Raiders 4-2, in front of 5,326 fans at the Brandt Centre ... Jordan Eberle started off the scoring with two goals, 5 minutes apart to put the Pats up 2-0 ... The Raiders would answer back with one of their own, before Michael MacAngus rounded out the 1st period scoring, making the score 3-1, after one ... In the 2nd the Pats would add to their lead, as Kirt Hill notched his 12th of the campaign, pushing the Pats lead to 4-1 after two ... In the 3rd frame, the Raiders would one more tally to make the final score 4-2 .. Linden Rowat picked up his 31st win of the season, stopping 31 of 33 shots... The Pats were 1 for 3 with the man advantage, while the Raiders were 0 for 6 ....
Pats One Win Away From Pennant
The Regina Pats are one win away from their first East Division pennant since 1997-98...The Pats currently sit in 1st place in the East division and 2nd place in the Eastern Conference with 90 points, after completing a perfect 5-0 home stand... That puts them 4 points up on the Moose Jaw Warriors and 5 points up on both the Brandon Wheat Kings and Swift Current Broncos .... The Pats also trail the Calgary Hitmen by 5 points for 1st place in the Conference... The Pats have 3 games remaining on their regular season schedule with two of them being on the road, as they will travel to Moose Jaw Wednesday night, and then finish the 2007-08 campaign with a home and home series with Brandon ...
Home Ice Key Heading Into The Play-Offs
With the Pats only one game away from the their first pennant in 10 years, their home record is a big reason why they sit at the top of the division ... The Pats record at the Brandt Centre currently sits at 25-8-1-1, which is currently the most home wins in the Eastern Conference and 2nd in the WHL... The Tri-City Americans are the only team with more home wins than the Pats with 27 ...
Vote For Your Favorite Pat
Regina Pats fans are encouraged to visit reginapats.com now to vote for their favorite player... The voting will be up until this afternoon at 5:00 PM , as fans will decide who will win the Bill Hicke Most Popular player ... Former winners of this award include Tommy Tartaglione (2006-07), Petr Kalus (2005-06), Rick Rypien(2004-05), Dustin Slade (2003-04) and Matt Hubbauer (2002-03)...
Fans Get Your Play-Off Tickets...
Right now Regina Pats fans are encouraged to make their way to Pats office to purchase their play-off packages ...The playoff package includes tickets for 16 games, covering four rounds of playoffs. Playoff package prices are $256 (adults), $208 (seniors) and $96 (students and wheelchairs). For more information on Pats Play-off packages visit the Pats office at the West entrance of the Brandt Centre or call 522-PATS. The Pats organization will then make single game tickets available on Wednesday, March 12th, a week and half before the WHL Play-offs begin...
Join The Fan Bus Wednesday Night
The Pats organization wants to remind fans about the fan bus that will be heading to Moose Jaw Wednesday night ... The bus costs $35.00 and will include transportation to and from the game, as well as their game ticket... The bus will be leaving the Brandt Centre at 5:45 PM ... For more information contact the Pats office at 522-PATS
- Brad Stuart scored his first goal as a member of the Detroit Red Wings Sunday night, against the Nashville Predators, as the Red Wings beat the Predators 4-3 ...
- Pats former netminder Josh Harding got the start Thursday night, as the Minnesota Wild visited the Carolina Hurricanes ...Harding made 25 saves in the loss... So far this season Harding has a record of 11-13-1-0, with a G.A.A of 2.85 and a SVP% of .910...
- Pats defencemen Colten Teubert played in his 140th career WHL game Saturday when the Raiders visit the Brandt Centre ... Teubert who was selected 1st overall by the Pats in the 2005 Bantam Draft, is improving with each shift as the towering rear guard has compiled 7 goals and 14 assists for 21 points, in 62 games so far this season ...
- Another defencemen hit a milestone Friday night as Victor Bartley collected his 120th career point, on Scott Doucet\'s powerplay marker in the 2nd period ... The Maple Ridge, BC native who was acquired on January 5th from Kamloops, has tallied over a point a game with the Pats scoring 7 goals and adding 16 assists for 23 points, in 22 games ....
- Derek Tendler (5\'11, 215Ibs) of the Regina Pat Canadians, who was the Pats 5th round Bantam selection (98th overall) in 2007, was presented with two major Saskatchewan Midget AAA Hockey League awards Friday night. Tendler was named the league's most outstanding player and top goaltender. The awards were voted on by the other SMAAA teams.
- Spencer Braaten(5\'8, 170Ib) is another one of Pats highly touted prospects ... The Saskatoon product is currently playing with the Saskatoon Blazers of the Saskatchewan Midget AAA Hockey League ... Braaten who was a listed player for the Pats, finished 3rd in league scoring with 31 goals and 48 assists ... Braaten also led the Blazers to a 1st round victory in the SMAAAHL play-offs ,over the Beardy\'s Blackhawks, scoring 2 goals and 2 assists in 4 games ...
- Josh Elder - Knee - 8-12 weeks
- Tim Kraus - Flu - Day to day
- To date, the Pats have missed 77 man-games due to injury this season
Goals: 42 J. Eberle
Assists: 45 T. Kraus
Points: 72 J. Eberle
PIM: 182 R. Bender
Wins: 31 L. Rowat
Plus/Minus: +21 L. Pyett
PPG: 16 J. Eberle
SHG: 1 B. Leffler, K.Hill, J. Eberle
GWG: 9 J. Eberle
Upcoming Week At A Glance
Monday March 10/08 Practice @ Brandt Centre 2:30PM
Tuesday March 11/08 Practice @ Brandt Centre 2:30PM
Wednesday March 12/08 Single Game Play-Off Tickets Go On Sale 9:00AM
Pats @ Moose Jaw Warriors 7:00PM
Thursday March 13/08 Practice @ Brandt Centre 2:30PM
Friday March 14/08 Pats vs. Brandon Wheat Kings 7:00PM
Saturday March 15/08 Pats @ Brandon Wheat Kings 7:30PM
Sunday March 16/08 Day Off
*Practice Schedule is Tentative and Subject to Change*
2007-08 Attendance at the Brandt Centre
- Total attendance at Brandt Centre this season - 177, 197 people
- Average attendance per game at Brandt Centre - 5,063people