Redbirds, Marvel Comics join forces
Memphis, Tenn. - The Memphis Redbirds and Marvel Comics have teamed up to produce a comic book scheduled to be given out at the team's August 10 game.
The first 1500 fans will receive the comic book sponsored by Lasting Expressions prior to the Redbirds game against Omaha. The 'Birds join the Durham Bulls and Buffalo Bisons as the only teams with a custom comic as part of the Triple-A giveaway.
"We are thrilled to be a part of this exciting event with the Redbirds and Marvel Comics," Lasting Expressions' Tony DeSantis said. "Memphis is known as one of the premier Triple-A teams in the country, and this event only furthers their recognition in the league."
The front cover of the Redbirds comic will feature the Incredible Hulk, Spiderman and Iron Man alongside Rockey and Redbirds outfielder Rick Ankiel in front of AutoZone Park.
"Baseball and comic books - the perfect partners; boys and girls, for generations, have spent hours reading comic books and passing countless summer hours playing baseball," Redbirds President/GM Dave Chase said. "Today's children are watching super heroes on movie screens, but the heart and soul of the big screen version is the paper and ink of comic books. Triple-A Baseball would be hard pressed to find a more perfect partner."
For ticket information call (901) 721-6000 or visit memphisredbirds.com.
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 27, 2007
- Portland Grabs Series Finale - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sacramento Slides by Memphis - Memphis Redbirds
- Macias, Thompson Carry Beavers in Finale - Portland Beavers
- McClung Acquired From Rays, Will Join Sounds - Nashville Sounds
- Sidewinders Postponed Due To Rain - Tucson Sidewinders
- Longballs Lead Sounds, 8-1 - Nashville Sounds
- Z's Top Rainiers, 3-1 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sea Dogs Top Connecticut, 9-2 - Portland Beavers
- Rosales Traded to Diamondbacks - Portland Beavers
- Mets Activate Alou, Recall Adkins, Designate Alomar, Jr. - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Greer Stadium an aging wonder - OSC Original by Marc Viquez
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Royals Game Notes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Redbirds, Marvel Comics join forces - Memphis Redbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.