Red Wings Open Doors to Kelowna
The Kelowna Rockets are happy to announce that the Detroit Red Wings will open its doors for both of its practices at Prospera Place in Kelowna next week.
The NHL powerhouse Red Wings will practice at Kelowna s Prospera Place next Wednesday and Thursday as the team takes a three day break in Kelowna between games against Calgary and Edmonton.
We re very excited that the Red Wings are coming to our city, said Rockets president and general manager Bruce Hamilton. It s a great opportunity for everyone to watch one of the best NHL organizations operate.
Admission to each of the practices is by a donation to the Kelowna Community Food Bank. Joining members of the food bank will be students from Okanagan College s Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE) program who will receive course credits for helping out.
Practices will begin at 11 a.m. each day with doors to Prospera Place open at 10 a.m.
Olympic gold medal/Detroit coach Mike Babcock is also a WHL veteran. As coach of the Spokane Chiefs he was twice named the WHL coach of the year. Babcock also led Spokane to the Memorial Cup and as a player he suited up for the Kelowna Wings in the 1982-83 WHL season.
Western Hockey League Stories from March 12, 2010
- Hitmen capture Scotty Munro Memorial Trophy as WHL Regular Season Champions - Calgary Hitmen
- Oil Kings drop second game to Hitmen - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Blades Slide Past Raiders - Saskatoon Blades
- Brandon clinches pennant - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Memorial Cup To Be Rededicated - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Saturday Is Awards Night - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Broncos Playoff Situation - Swift Current Broncos
- Game Night: Brandon - Regina Pats
- Friday Night Is Sold Out - Spokane Chiefs
- Warriors Veteran Signs With Blackhawks - Moose Jaw Warriors
- WHL Hockey Live On SHAW: Friday, March 12 - Kelowna Rockets at Vancouver Giants - WHL
- WHL Friday Night Hockey On FSN Northwest: Friday, March 12 - Tri-City Americans at Spokane Chiefs - WHL
- Blades Finish Home Schedule Against Raiders - Saskatoon Blades
- Red Wings Open Doors to Kelowna - Kelowna Rockets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.