Red Claws Trade Mo Almond to Iowa for 2013 Draft Pick
PORTLAND, ME - The Maine Red Claws, presented by Unum, today announced that they have traded the rights to Morris Almond to the Iowa Energy in exchange for Iowa's 2013 2nd round draft selection. Almond spent the 2011-12 and 2009-10 seasons with the Red Claws and was the Red Claws 2012 Co-Player of the Year last season.
"Mo was a very good player for us over the last two seasons, and we thank him for his time and effort," said Boston Celtics Director of Player Personnel Austin Ainge. "We have a number of wing players on the team right now that are very close to making the NBA, and we take our commitment to their playing time and development very seriously. We wanted help Mo find a situation where he can continue to do the same. We wish him continued success and again thank him for his contribution to the Red Claws."
The Red Claws are currently 5-2 on the season and stand atop the East Division standings. The team will look to continue their winning ways as they head to Fort Wayne this Friday and Erie on Sunday before returning to Maine for a two-game homestand next weekend, Friday vs. the Fort Wayne Mad Ants at 7 PM and Saturday vs. the Erie BayHawks at 7 PM. Friday's game will feature a halftime performance by America's Got Talent act, Quick Change, presented by Hollywood Casinos and a full-team autograph session on the court immediately after the game. Saturday, Hannaford's will hold a food drive to benefit the Good Shepherd Food Bank, and all fans are encouraged to bring a canned or other nonperishable food item to donate. It will also be the Red Claws annual holiday celebration, including a special appearance by Santa and Mrs. Claus and the always-popular kids' Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree dance on the court during the game. All fans who purchase two Center Court or Side Center tickets for either game will receive a free Red Claws mini basketball.
The Red Claws will play 24 home games at the Portland Expo this season, and individual ticket prices are available for $6, $10, $15, $20 and $30. Tickets for all Red Claws home games are now on sale and may be purchased by calling (207) 210-6655, in person at the Red Claws Team Store located at 413 Congress Street in Portland, or online at www.MaineRedClaws.com or www.TicketReturn.com.
NBA Development League Stories from December 12, 2012
- Canton Takes Down Fort Wayne, 112-101 - Canton Charge
- Raptors Recall Quincy Acy - Bakersfield Jam
- Energy Receive Guard Morris Almond in Trade with Maine - Iowa Energy
- Red Claws Trade Mo Almond to Iowa for 2013 Draft Pick - Maine Red Claws
- Austin Toros To Host Youth Sports Game December 30th - Austin Spurs
- Boston Celtics Re-Assign Fab Melo to NBA D-League Affiliate Maine Red Claws - D-League
- Celtics Assign Melo to Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Energy Announce All You Can Eat Group Package - Iowa Energy
- Mad Ants Acquire Chris Porter - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Pistons Assign English & Middleton to Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Detroit Pistons Assign Kim English and Khris Middleton to NBA D-League Affiliate Fort Wayne Mad Ants - D-League
- Stampede Acquire Owens - Idaho Stampede
- Tulsa 66ers to Host Holiday Blood Drive - Tulsa 66ers
- Bank of the Cascades, Stampede Partner for 'Make a Wish' - Idaho Stampede
- Goldcamp Joins BayHawks as Practice Player - Erie BayHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.