Red Claws Trade for Point Guard
PORTLAND, ME - The Maine Red Claws, presented by Unum, today announced that they have acquired point guard Curtis Jerrells from the Sioux Falls Skyforce, sending veteran center Chris Ayer to the Skyforce.
Jerrells, 25, was acquired from the Available Player Pool by Sioux Falls before being traded to Maine. He has spent the last three seasons overseas with teams in Serbia and Turkey; in 17 games with Besiktas (Turkey-TBL) this season, he averaged 14.2 points. Prior to going overseas, he played for the Austin Toros, averaging 21.4 ppg in 54 games during the 2009-10 season and representing the Toros at the 2010 NBA Development League All-Star Game. He was invited to the 2009 and 2010 NBA Training Camps with the San Antonio Spurs and also participated in the 2010 Summer League with the Spurs. The 6-1, 195 lbs. guard completed his college career as the second player in Baylor history with 1,000 points, 400 assists and 100 steals, finishing as the third leading scorer (1,820) in school history and second in both assists (487) and steals (159). He was the first player in Bears' history to lead the team in scoring and assists in all four seasons.
Jerrells is expected to be in the lineup tonight as the Red Claws face the Canton Charge in the first game of a two-game weekend set. Maine, who trails Canton by just two games in the race for the top spot in the East Division, will host the Charge tonight at 7 PM and again Sunday at 1 PM at the Portland Expo. Great seats remain for both games and may be purchased by calling 207-210-6655, in person at the Red Claws Team Store located at 413 Congress Street in Portland, or online at www.MaineRedClaws.com. The box office at the Portland Expo will open three hours before each game.
NBA Development League Stories from March 8, 2013
- Red Claws Drop a Tough One to East's Best Canton - Maine Red Claws
- BayHawks Outlast Springfield, 111-105 - Erie BayHawks
- Charge Hold off Red Claws for Road Win - Canton Charge
- Charge Acquire Brady Morningstar - Canton Charge
- Tulsa Acquires Future Draft Picks - Tulsa 66ers
- Energy Trade Terence Jennings to Erie BayHawks - Iowa Energy
- BayHawks Complete Trade with Iowa - Erie BayHawks
- BayHawks Sign Stanback - Erie BayHawks
- Malcolm Thomas Receives NBA Call-Up to Golden State Warriors - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Vipers Acquire Daniels from Santa Cruz - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Los Angeles' Malcolm Thomas Signs with Golden State Warriors - D-League
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Guard Scott Machado from Vipers - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Red Claws Trade for Point Guard - Maine Red Claws
- Skyforce Acquires Jerrells, Trades to Maine for Ayer - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Bighorns Career Fair, Saturday, March 9th - Reno Bighorns
- Erie's Terrel Harris Signs with New Orleans Hornets - D-League
- Holiday's Career Night Leads Stampede to Win - Idaho Stampede
- Bighorns Fall to Idaho - Reno Bighorns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.