Red Bulls Trade Joel Lindpere to Chicago Fire
HARRISON, NJ (Jan. 4, 2013) - The New York Red Bulls announced today they have acquired an International Roster Spot from the Chicago Fire in exchange for midfielder Joel Lindpere.
"Moving to Chicago will hopefully provide Joel with consistent playing time," said Red Bulls Sporting Director Andy Roxburgh. "We want to thank Joel for his time with our club and wish him the best of luck in the next stage of his career."
Lindpere signed with New York on March 5, 2010 from Norwegian First Division side, Tromso. During his three years with the Red Bulls, the Estonian International logged 97 regular season appearances, including 89 starts, and notched 15 goals and 18 assists. Last season, the 31-year-old featured in 34 games and recorded five goals and five assists.
Major League Soccer Stories from January 4, 2013
- Revolution's Road Match At Colorado Re-Scheduled - New England Revolution
- Red Bulls Trade Joel Lindpere to Chicago Fire - New York Red Bulls
- Chicago Fire Acquire Midfielder Joel Lindpere - Chicago Fire
- Sounders FC Delegation to Visit Tanzania - Seattle Sounders FC
- Rapids Re-Sign Goalkeeper Steward Ceus - Colorado Rapids
- Chivas USA Supporters Group, Union Ultras, Celebrates 'Dia De Reyes' with Toy Giveaway - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Chicago Fire Announce Preseason Schedule - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Academy Update - D.C. United
- Italian Midfielder Andrea Pisanu Joins Impact - Montreal Impact
- Red Bulls Terminate Contract for Midfielder Victor Palsson - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.