Red Bulls Forward Macoumba Kandji To Undergo Foot Surgery
SECAUCUS, NJ (April 21, 2010) - Red Bull New York announced that forward Macoumba Kandji will undergo surgery later today to repair a broken fifth metatarsal in his right foot. The surgery will be performed by Dr. David Levine at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City. Kandji, who suffered the injury in training on Tuesday, April 20, will miss 8-12 weeks.
Kandji started in all four regular season games for New York, scoring the game-winning goal in a 1-0 win over Seattle Sounders FC on April 3. After signing with the Red Bulls on Sept. 15, 2008, Kandji recorded four goals and five assists in 2009.
Full Season Ticket Plans for the New York Red Bulls' first season at Red Bull Arena, in Harrison, NJ, are on sale now. Midfield seats in the 100-Level and sideline sections 107, 112, 124 and 128 are all sold out, but good seats are still available. For more information or to purchase tickets, call 1.877.RBSOCCER or log onto www.newyorkredbulls.com.
Major League Soccer Stories from April 21, 2010
- Kansas City Wizards Weekly Update - Sporting Kansas City
- Red Bulls Forward Macoumba Kandji To Undergo Foot Surgery - New York Red Bulls
- Chicago Fire To Challenge A.C. Milan In International Friendly - Chicago Fire
- Game Notes - Sounders FC At FC Dallas - Seattle Sounders FC
- "La Super Copa" Semifinals Set - D.C. United
- Widener University Forms Partnership With Philadelphia Union - Philadelphia Union
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.