Real Salt Lake Weekly Update
Real Salt Lake will continue preseason training in Irvine, Calif. this week, playing a friendly match against the University of California-Irvine on Monday evening and taking on the L.A. Galaxy in a scrimmage on Friday. The Claret-and-Cobalt will return to Salt Lake City following Friday's match, remaining in Utah for the weekend before heading to Tucson on Monday, Feb. 11 for the team's third and final leg of preseason at the FC Tucson Desert Diamond Cup.
KYLE BECKERMAN, TONY BELTRAN AND NED GRABAVOY RETURN TO RSL CAMP
Real Salt Lake captain Kyle Beckerman, DF Tony Beltran and MF Ned Grabavoy all returned to RSL camp on Sunday after significant spells away from the team.
Sunday was the first day that Beckerman and Beltran were with the Claret-and-Cobalt this preseason. Both players were with the U.S. national team for its annual January camp, training at the Home Depot Center in nearby Carson, Calif. for three weeks before drawing Canada 0-0 in a friendly in Houston on Jan. 29. Beckerman and Beltran both started against Canada, with Beckerman captaining the side and playing 74 minutes and Beltran playing the first half to earn his first senior cap.
Grabavoy returned to RSL after spending the last week and a half with his wife following the recent birth of their twin babies.
All three players participated in training on Sunday.
REAL SALT LAKE FW ALVARO SABORIO WITH COSTA RICA FOR UPCOMING WORLD CUP QUALIFIER
Real Salt Lake FW Alvaro Saborio is currently with the Costa Rican national team as they prep for Wednesday's FIFA World Cup qualifier at Panama. RSL's leading scorer in 2012, Saborio captained Costa Rica to the Copa Centroamericana championship last month and has not yet been in RSL's preseason camp.
Saborio is expected to join Real Salt Lake on Feb. 11 for its third and final preseason leg at the FC Tucson Desert Diamond Cup.
REAL SALT LAKE INDIVIDUAL GAME TICKETS ON SALE NOW
Real Salt Lake individual game tickets for the 2013 MLS regular season are now on sale at the Rio Tinto Stadium box office, online at www.RealSaltLake.com/tickets, over the phone at 801-727-2700 and at all Smith's Tix locations.
The Claret-and-Cobalt will host 17 MLS regular season games in 2013, taking on Western Conference powers L.A., Seattle and San Jose twice each at Rio Tinto Stadium.
Major League Soccer Stories from February 4, 2013
- Whitecaps FC Take 1-0 Preseason Decision over Arizona Sahuaros - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Real Salt Lake Loses 0-2 to UC-Irvine in Preseason Friendly - Real Salt Lake
- Back with the Galaxy in 2013, Juninho could not be happier - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- RSL MF Javier Morales Undergoes Successful Menisectomy - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy defender Omar Gonzalez named to the U.S. National Team - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Tickets for First Half of D.C. United's 2013 Season to Go on Sale Saturday - D.C. United
- Change of Location for Tomorrow's Chivas USA Scrimmage - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- Red Bulls Acquire Allocation Money from FC Dallas for Forward Kenny Cooper - New York Red Bulls
- Dynamo Defender Jermaine Taylor Signs Contract Extension - Houston Dynamo
- FC Dallas Acquires Forwards Kenny Cooper and Eric Hassli - FC Dallas
- Chicago Fire Face Two MLS Opponents in Preparation for 2013 Season - Chicago Fire
- Rapids Announce Two Changes to 2013 Regular Season Schedule - Colorado Rapids
- Toronto FC Acquire Conditional MLS SuperDraft Pick for Hassli - Toronto FC
- Chicago Fire Acquire Midfielder Dilly Duka from the Columbus Crew - Chicago Fire
- Crew Acquires Dominic Oduro from Chicago Fire - Columbus Crew SC
- Chicago Fire Goalkeeper Sean Johnson Named to U.S. Men's National Team Squad - Chicago Fire
- Three Sounders FC Players Called in for World Cup Qualifier - Seattle Sounders FC
- Matt Besler and Graham Zusi Selected to USMNT - Sporting Kansas City
- Dynamo Midfielder Brad Davis Named to U.S. Men's National Team Roster for Wednesday's World Cup Qual - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.