Rays Finish Regular Season with 7-Game Winning Streak
Playoff Update: With the win on Friday night, the Stingrays clinched the 2nd seed in the South Division and home ice advantage for the first two rounds. The win also decided that the Stingrays will be taking on the Augusta Lynx in the first round of the Kelly Cup Playoffs on the following dates:
Thursday, April 10th at Augusta 7:05 p.m. Saturday, April 12th at Augusta 7:05 p.m. Monday, April 14th at the Coliseum 7:05 p.m. Tuesday, April 15th at the Coliseum 7:05 p.m. (if necessary) Wed., April 16th at the Coliseum 7:05 p.m. (if necessary)
Playoff tickets are on sale now at the Coliseum Box Office and through Ticketmaster.
Latest in Hockey News: The Stingrays played their final three regular season games last week, finishing 3-0.
On Tuesday, the team traveled to Augusta to face the Lynx. Davis Parley tallied his fourth shutout of the season, stopping all 25 shots, and Ben Nelson recorded a hat trick to win 6-0.
On April 4, the team faced the Charlotte Checkers up at the Charlotte Bobcats Arena. Behind a hat trick from Trent Campbell, the Stingrays skated by with a 4-3 victory. Parley recorded his eighth victory in a row and Chris Chaput scored the game-winning goal. The win tonight clinched 2nd place for the Stingrays in the division.
On Saturday, the team had their final regular season match-up with the Augusta Lynx for their final regular season game. In a back-and-forth game that saw the two teams trading goals, Trent Campbell finally scored the game-winner in the third to defeat the Lynx 4-3. John Johnson got the victory.
The Numbers: Record: 47-22-2-1 (97 points) Home: 25-11-0 Away: 22-11-2-1 Games: Scott Romfo (72) Goals: Travis Morin (34) Assists: Morin (50) Points: Morin (84) Shots: Morin (266) Penalty Minutes: Grant McNeill (213) Power Play Goals: Morin, Cail MacLean (14) Power Play Assists: Morin (22) Power Play Points: Morin (36) Short Handed Goals: Morin (6) Short Handed Assists: Nate Kiser (4) Short Handed Points: Morin (7) Game Winners: Morin, Trent Campbell (7) Wins: Davis Parley (24) Minutes: Josh Johnson (2229) GAA: Davis Parley (2.30) SPCT: Parley (.924) Plus/Minus: Trent Campbell (plus-26)
ECHL Leaders: Travis Morin finished the regular season third in scoring with 84 points (34g-50a) in 68 games. He also lead the league with six short-handed goals, was fourth with 266 shots, and was fourth with seven game-winning goals.
In goalie news, Davis Parley finished 3rd among goalies with a 2.30 goals-against average and a .924 save percentage. His four shutouts this season was second in the league. Josh Johnson is 15th with 2.80 goals-against average.
Among rookies, the Stingrays had two of the top-20 point scorers. Travis Morin was 2nd with 84 points, and Pierre-Luc O'Brien was 15th with 57 points.
The Stingrays ended the season in 2nd place in the South Division with 97 points and were 3rd place in the American Conference.
The Stingrays are 6th in the power play, converting 20.3% of the time, and 7th in the penalty kill, successful 84.5% of the time.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 7, 2008
- 2008 Kelly Cup Playoff Rosters - ECHL
- National Conference Champs Start Cup Run With Stockton This Friday - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Salmon Kings Announce Playoff Roster - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Royals Announce 2008 ECHL Playoff Roster - Reading Royals
- Playoff Roster Announced - Farynuk, Almtorp, Goulet Return From Springfield - Stockton Thunder
- Jackals Playoff Roster Set - Elmira Jackals
- Gladiators Release 2008 Playoff Roster - Atlanta Gladiators
- Playoff-bound Condors prepare for Victoria - Bakersfield Condors
- South Division Playoffs Start Tuesday - ECHL
- Berti Is 355th Player To Play In NHL After ECHL - ECHL
- Cincinnati's Starling Is Rbk Hockey Plus Performer - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - Apr. 7 - ECHL
- Khudobin's Return Highlights Recent Transactions - Texas Wildcatters
- Cincinnati's Desharnais Wins ECHL Scoring Title - ECHL
- Inferno Receive Doig, Tsimikalis And Wellar - Columbia Inferno
- Chiefs Playoff Parade A Success - Johnstown Chiefs
- Desharnais Earns ECHL's Leading Scorer Honors - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Starling Named Rbk Hockey Plus Performer Of The Year - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Weekly Arrowhead #24 - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL This Week - Apr. 7 - Divisions - ECHL
- Dakers, Miller Return To AHL - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Former Pilots Winger Berti Gets Weekend Call To NHL - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Logan's Roadhouse To Host Falcons Playoff Rally On Thursday - Fresno Falcons
- Bombers Weekly - Dayton Bombers
- Stewart Is 354th Player To Play In NHL After ECHL - ECHL
- Sea Wolves Weekly - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Augusta Lynx Weekly - Augusta Lynx
- Let the Games Begin.... - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Kelly Cup Quest Daily - South Carolina Stingrays
- Drive For Playoff Berth Falls Short - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Cyclones Clinch Brabham Cup! - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Parley Named RBC Financial Group ECHL Saver Of The Month! - South Carolina Stingrays
- Ice Pilots Weekly (April 7-13) - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Stingrays' Parley Named RBC Financial Group Saver Of The Month - ECHL
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Falcons Weekly - Fresno Falcons
- Rays Finish Regular Season with 7-Game Winning Streak - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bombers Start Official Blue Jersey Online Auction - Dayton Bombers
- Leading goal-scorer Aaron Slattengren returns to Lynx for playoff run - Augusta Lynx
- Inferno Weekly - Columbia Inferno
- Checkers Weekly - Charlotte Checkers
- Gladiators Weekly - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.