Rauch Back with the Walleye
(Toledo, OH) - Defensemen Phil Rauch (RAWK) and Russ Sinkewich have agreed to terms with the Toledo Walleye for the 2013-14 season.
Rauch will be starting his third season in a Toledo Walleye uniform after appearing in 143 games over the last two years. The Toledo native skated in 71 contests with the Walleye in 2012-13 with one goal, nine assists, a career high 67 penalty minutes and a plus 12. His first professional year was 2011-12, when he appeared in all 72 games with a career high four goals and nine assists.
"Phil is an extremely smart hockey player," Head Coach Nick Vitucci said. "He gives tremendous effort, and is always in the right areas on the ice. It is great to have him back on our defense core."
Prior to skating with the Walleye, Rauch played four seasons at Canisius College for former Toledo defenseman BJ Adams. During his time at Canisius, Phil was a four time member of the Atlantic Hockey All-Academic Team.
Sinkewich returns to Northwest Ohio to start his sixth professional season. The native of Westlake, Ohio split time last year with Alaska and Gwinnett of the ECHL and Portland of the AHL. He posted three goals and 10 assists in a total of 54 games last year. The 28 year old was a member of the 2011 Kelly Cup Championship team in Alaska. In 247 total professional games, Sinkewich has picked up nine goals, 36 assists and 283 penalty minutes.
"We are very excited to add a player like Sinkewich to our roster," Head Coach Nick Vitucci said. "He has Championship experience under his belt and a lot of games in minor-pro hockey. He is a very solid good all-around defenseman."
Prior to skating professional, Sinkewich spent parts of four seasons with Bowling Green State University. In 95 games for the Falcons, he collected five assists and 131 penalty minutes.
Toledo Walleye play host to a pre-season hockey game on Saturday, October 12 against the Kalamazoo Wings. Tickets to the games are $5.00 general admission with all proceeds benefitting the Toledo Walleye charitable fund- Walleye Wishing Well.
The 2013-14 season home-opener is October 26 against the Wheeling Nailers. Don't miss a minute of the action. Toledo Walleye single game tickets and game plans are on sale right now. Get yours by calling 419-725-WALL or online at www.toledowalleye.com. The Toledo Walleye play all of their home games at the Huntington Center in downtown Toledo. You can catch every Walleye hockey game live on Fox Sports radio 1230 and all 36 home games live on BCSN.
ECHL Stories from October 9, 2013
- K-Wings Win Preseason Opener 5-1 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Three-Goal Third Keys Komets Comeback - Wheeling Nailers
- Rauch Back with the Walleye - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Transactions - October 9 - ECHL
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings vs Walleye Preseason - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wranglers Add Greg Coburn to Blue Line - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Royals Receive Three More from Hershey - Reading Royals
- Condors Add Cemetery Plot Giveaway - Bakersfield Condors
- Stingrays Add AHL Experience with Forward Jordan Owens - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL to Participate in Sixth Annual PrimeTime Sports Management Conference - ECHL
- Forward Nathan Moon Resigns with IceMen for 2013-14 Hockey Season - Evansville IceMen
- Everblades Assigned Milan, Gauthier from AHL Syracuse - Florida Everblades
- Aces drop preseason opener despite late rally at Sullivan Arena - Alaska Aces
- Cyclones Prevail over Aces in Preseason Opener, 4-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.