#RapidsJersey Preview - Colorado Flag Theme
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (Monday, February 25, 2013) - Colorado Rapids captain Pablo Mastroeni previewed the new #RapidsJersey on Monday afternoon during 9News at 4 O'Clock, giving fans a first look at the Colorado flag-themed alternate shirt that will be worn during this Saturday's Season Opener at FC Dallas.
The #RapidsJersey celebration, which will feature players in the full primary and alternate uniforms, takes place on Tuesday evening at 6 p.m. MT at Lodo's Bar and Grill in downtown Denver.
"The Rapids' alternate jersey that Pablo previewed today was inspired by the passion for Colorado displayed by the supporters in Centennial 38," said Rapids President Tim Hinchey. "With our new alternate jerseys featuring the Colorado state flag, and our primary kits including the names of our season ticket holders, we're showing the pride we have for our fans and our state, and thank them for their passion and support over the last 18 years. We hope to thank many fans in person tomorrow night at the celebration at Lodo's."
The Rapids' alternate jersey comes in the distinctive colors of the iconic Colorado state flag, and includes design elements from the flag imprinted directly into the shirt. The Colorado "C" is embossed directly into the front of the shirt, while the Rapids logo on the jersey will be bright red and the three stripes on the sleeve are yellow. The full image of the Colorado state flag will also be included in the lower left front corner of the jersey, and all trim will come in the red and yellow of the flag.
The full alternate uniform will be seen first during tomorrow's event at Lodo's, and will be worn for most of the Rapids' road matches, including Saturday's match at FC Dallas. The game kicks off at 6:30 p.m. MT and will be broadcast live on Altitude.
Fans can now purchase the authentic alternate jersey by visiting www.AltitudeAuthentics.com, and can also pick one up at Lodo's on Tuesday or during the Rapids home opener on March 9 at Dick's Sporting Goods Park.
The Rapids will also have a new primary jersey in 2013, which comes in the club's distinctive burgundy color. Darker stripes on that jersey are made up of the names of the club's season ticket holders, making Colorado the first MLS club to include fans' in the actual fabric of their jerseys, as part of the #ONELUB campaign. The new primary shirts also include white sleeves, the number "5280" printed onto the back of the neck, as well as a Colorado flag placed on the lower left corner of the front of the jersey.
Colorado Rapids players will display both uniforms in full for the first time at the #RapidsJersey Party on Tuesday night, with fans joining players and staff at Lodo's Bar and Grill for a celebration beginning at 6 p.m. MT. As part of Major League Soccer's "Jersey Week," the new Rapids jerseys will caravan to Colorado landmarks earlier in the day on Feb. 26, visiting locations such as Breckenridge Ski Resort, Red Rocks Amphitheater, Elk Meadow/Bergen Peak, Confluence Park, and culminating in the public party at Lodo's in downtown Denver.
More information can be found at www.ColoradoRapids.com/MarchtoSoccer, and tickets to the Rapids 2013 season can be purchased by calling 303-825-GOAL or visiting www.ColoradoRapids.com.
Major League Soccer Stories from February 25, 2013
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- #RapidsJersey Preview - Colorado Flag Theme - Colorado Rapids
- Kickoff Week Continues Tomorrow with Dynamo Autograph Session - Houston Dynamo
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- KCWE to Air Sporting KC's First Two MLS Matches - Sporting Kansas City
- Revs to Hold National Anthem Auditions - New England Revolution
- Real Salt Lake to Hold National Anthem Auditions on March 11 - Real Salt Lake
- Blake Smith Signs with Impact - Montreal Impact
- Villarreal Scores as U.S. U-20 Defeat Costa Rica to Win Group A - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Whitecaps FC Add Canadian Goalkeeper Simon Thomas - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- #RapidsJersey Sneak Preview - Today on 9News at 4 O'Clock - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire March to Los Angeles to Open 16th MLS Season - Chicago Fire
- FC Dallas Inks Landmark Television Deal with Time Warner Cable - FC Dallas
- D.C. United U-23 Academy Team Set to Compete in the NPSL in 2013 - D.C. United
- Houston Dynamo Launch Major Social, Digital Media Platform - Houston Dynamo
- MLS and the French Football Federation Announce Partnership - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.