Rapid City Rush Announce Plans For Pink At The Rink
(Rapid City, SD) - Rapid City Rush, Neugebauer's Fine Jewelry and Rapid City Regional Hospital are teaming up to bring Pink at the Rink to the Rush game on Saturday, February 14. The mission for Pink at the Rink is to raise awareness and funds for the fight against breast cancer. Rush fans are encouraged to show their support and wear pink.
Rapid City Rush players will be donned in pink specialty jerseys this evening that will be auctioned off immediately following the game. Proceeds from the jersey auction will benefit the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation and the local John T. Vucurevich Regional Cancer Care Institute at the Rapid City Regional Hospital.
"We've seen such an outpouring of support already this year from Rush fans and supporters that we're anticipating an even greater showing of support this evening," said Assistant General Manager Tim Hill. "Each of us in one way or another has undoubtedly been affected by breast cancer or any form of cancer for that matter. This is a cause that is near and dear to many."
In an additional effort to raise funds for the fight against breast cancer, Rush players have agreed to shave their heads if $10,000 is raised by Valentine's Day, Saturday, February 14. Rush forwards R.G. Flath, Rich Hansen, Chris Lipsett, Jon Pelle, Derek LeBlanc along with Rush defensemen Gio Flamminio, Mark DeSantis, Luke Fritshaw, and Rush goaltender Lanny Ramage have all volunteered to shave their heads if Rapid City Rush and Rush fans raise $10,000 for cancer before the final game buzzer on February 14. Donations can be made at the Rush office located at 444 Mt. Rushmore Rd., or by calling 605.716.PUCK (7825).
Rapid City Regional Hospital will also be selling their Tough Enough to Wear Pink t-shirts at the game, along with Chuck-A-Pucks and other pink items for the special fundraiser. Tough Enough to Wear Pink t-shirts and caps can be purchased in advance at the Rapid City Regional Hospital Foundation office located at 677 Cathedral Dr., Suite 308, or by calling 605.719.5843.
Other Rush News:
The Rush face off against the New Mexico Scorpions Friday and Saturday at 6:15 pm. Listen to the game on the Rush flagship station 100.3 The Fox or download the game online at www.RapidCityRush.com.
The next Rush home game is Wednesday, February 11 against the Amarillo Gorillas. Individual game day tickets start at $15 and group rates start as low as $13. Tickets are available online at www.GotMine.com or by calling 1-800-GOT-MINE.
The Rapid City Rushettes will host a dance camp Saturday, February 21st from 10 am to 3 pm for girls' ages 6 to 14 at St. Thomas More High School. For more information, visit the Rush website at www.RapidCityRush.com.
The Rapid City Rush would like to invite fans to "The Rush Hour with Coach Joe Ferras" brought to you by Miller Lite at Boston's every Tuesday at 7 pm. Weekly giveaways include signed, game-used sticks, signed pucks and Miller Lite gear.
Central Hockey League Stories from February 6, 2009
- Sundogs and Gistedt Win Third-Straight - Arizona Sundogs
- Rage Roll Past Thunder, 8-2 - Wichita Thunder
- Lupul, Carroll Lift 'Bugs to OT Win - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Big saves and big goals lead to big win over Colorado - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Riverkings Power Play Beats Odessa, 4-1 - Odessa Jackalopes
- IceRays edge Bucks, 2-1 - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Bucks Road Demons Haunt Them In 2-1 Loss - Laredo Bucks
- Rage Defeat Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Jaeger Stops 41 of 42 in Brahmas Win - Colorado Eagles
- Listen Live - Tulsa Oilers at Rio Grande Valley - Tulsa Oilers
- RiverKings Meet Odessa Tonight - Mississippi RiverKings
- Rapid City Rush Announce Plans For Pink At The Rink - Rapid City Rush
- New Method Performs on Faith and Family Night - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks In Corpus Tonight - Laredo Bucks
- Shots from the Point - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.