Rangers Place Scheppers on Disabled List
ARLINGTON, Texas - Right-handed pitcher Tanner Scheppers (lower back) will open the 2011 season on the disabled list, the Texas Rangers announced Wednesday. Scheppers, considered one of the top prospects in the Rangers organization, was 1-3 with a 4.84 ERA, six saves and 90 strikeouts against 30 walks over 80.0 innings between Double-A Frisco and Triple-A Oklahoma City last season. Right-handed pitcher Chris Mobley, who pitched exclusively for Frisco last season (2-2, 3.59 ERA) has been assigned to the Express from Frisco.
With the roster move, the Express rotation is set to start the season. Left-hander Michael Kirkman, the reigning Pacific Coast League Pitcher of the Year, will start Thursday's season opener against the Iowa Cubs; first pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. CDT at The Dell Diamond. Eric Hurley (RH), Zach Jackson (LH), Brett Tomko (RH) and Derek Hankins (RH) will follow Kirkman in the rotation.
TRANSACTION: RHP Tanner Scheppers (lower back) placed on 7-day disabled list. RHP Chris Mobley assigned to Round Rock from Frisco.
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 6, 2011
- Tucson Padres Season Begins Thursday - Tucson Padres
- Rainiers to Broadcast Games on South Sound Sports 850-AM - Tacoma Rainiers
- Rangers Place Scheppers on Disabled List - Round Rock Express
- Join the Express for 2011 Opening Day - Round Rock Express
- Friday Night's Fireworks Show Rescheduled for April 23 - Salt Lake Bees
- Redbirds Take Flight with a Season of Promotions - Memphis Redbirds
- River Cats Reveal New 2011 Additions for Fans as Opening Night Approaches - Sacramento River Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.