Rampage Roll 3-0, End Losing Streak
SAN ANTONIO, Texas - After a bevy of recent roster moves, the San Antonio Rampage got a big list with the return of center Joel Perrault and the acquisition of forward Joakim Lindstrom from Iowa. Both paid dividends in the Rampage 3-0 shutout win over Syracuse Thursday night at the AT&T Center. Rampage goalie Josh Tordjman stopped all 27 shots on goal in recording his second win of the season and first shutout.
Syracuse entered the AT&T tied for second in the Western Conference standings facing a San Antonio team that did not muster a win in November. But in their first outing of December, the Rampage showed to be a much different team.
Chad Kolarik got it going in the first. With just under two minutes left in the period, his team leading eighth goal put San Antonio up 1-0. Kolarik, rushing up the left wing found Wyatt Smith between the circles for a give-and-go that Kolarik sent top shelf on the backdoor past Crunch goalie Dan LaCosta at 18:03.
In the second, the Rampage created separation they hadn't seen since their last win on October 25th. In another display of perfect passing, the Rampage struck quickly. Smith to Kolarik to the trailer forward Jeff Hoggan who teed up a slap shot high glove side just 26 seconds into the period.
Later, Lindstrom, who played his first four seasons with Syracuse before going to Iowa this season, scored his first for San Antonio and his 22nd AHL point overall. Lindstrom took a Perrault rebound and sent a wrister past LaCosta for a 3-0 Rampage lead.
For Tordjman, it was his third career shutout and the win moved his record to 2-10-0-1. Both teams were scoreless on the power play. Syracuse went 0 for 5 and San Antonio went 0 for 4. The Rampage outshot the Crunch 36 to 27.
The Rampage ended several dubious marks in franchise history, including a franchise high 17-game winless streak, 13-game losing streak and 9-game home losing streak.
American Hockey League Stories from December 4, 2008
- Crunch Run Over by Rampage - Syracuse Crunch
- Rampage Roll 3-0, End Losing Streak - San Antonio Rampage
- Bulldogs Lose 5-4 Decision to Admirals - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Panthers Reassign Welch to Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Icehogs to Give Away Winter Classic Tickets - Rockford IceHogs
- College and Pro Hockey Both at Quicken Loans Arena - Cleveland Monsters
- River Rats Continue Holiday Tradition - Albany River Rats
- Houston Aeros earn point, fall 3-2 in shootout to Manitoba Moose - Houston Aeros
- Crunch Announce Details of Special Chevron Night Featuring Mario Andretti - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose Sweep Four-Game Series Against Aeros - Manitoba Moose
- Senators Assign Ryan Shannon To Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Blues Assign Steve Regier Back to Peoria - Peoria Rivermen
- Support the National Down Syndrome Congress Through the Rivermen - Peoria Rivermen
- Crunch Sign Left Wing Kevin Harvey to Professional Tryout Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Worcester Sharks host "Hat & Mittens Holiday Skate with the Sharks" - Worcester Sharks
- Admirals Annual Toy Toss Set for Next Friday - Norfolk Admirals
- Admirals Holiday Gift Packs Now Available - Norfolk Admirals
- Lightning Reassign D Quick and RW Lawrence to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Lightning Recall D Matt Smaby from Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Chris Chelios to Join Griffins on Friday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Aeros annual kids day game begins at 11:05 a.m. today - Houston Aeros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.