Quick Gets The West Coast Call
MANCHESTER, NH - The Los Angeles Kings, the parent club of the Manchester Monarchs, have recalled goaltender Jonathan Quick (emergency conditions) from the Monarchs and have placed forward Brad Richardson on the injured reserve list (retroactive to December 3), Kings President/General Manager Dean Lombardi announced today.
Quick, 22, leads the Monarchs in games played (14), minutes (827), goals-against-average (2.68) and save percentage (.919). He's also tied for the team lead (with Jonathan Bernier) with six wins and has an overall record of 6-5-2. Among AHL leaders, Quick ranks 11th overall in save percentage and 20th overall in goals-against-average, while among rookies he ranks second in save percentage and fourth in goals-against-average. The 6-foot-1, 216-pounder from Milford, Connecticut, made his Kings/NHL debut last season and played in three games, recording a 1-2-0 record, a 3.84 goals-against-average and a .855 save percentage. He recorded his first NHL win on December 6, 2007, against Buffalo.
Quick also last season played in 19 regular season games with the Monarchs -- and posted an 11-8-0 record, a 2.32 goals-against-average, a .922 save percentage and three shutouts, plus one playoff contest - and in 38 regular season games with Reading of the ECHL he was 23-11-3, with his 23 wins the seventh most in that league. He also scored a goal while playing with the Eagles.
Richardson, 23, has played in nine games with the Kings this season, recording one point (an assist) and seven penalty minutes. He suffered a foot injury during practice and has missed the last six games due to the injury. The 5-foot-11, 184-pound native of Belleville, Ontario, is in his first season with the Kings after being acquired from Colorado on June 21. He has played in 145 career NHL regular season games with the Kings and Avalanche, recording 41 points (19-22=41) and 55 penalty minutes.
The Monarchs hopped on a plane for a two-day trip to Winnipeg where they will face off with the Manitoba Moose at the MTS Centre on Tuesday, December 16 and Wednesday, December 17. Both games will begin at 8:30 p.m. EST.
American Hockey League Stories from December 16, 2008
- Moose Leave Tracks On Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Moose Dethrone Monarchs, 4-2 - Manitoba Moose
- BlackHawks Recall James Wisniewski - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Players and T-Bone Deliver Teddy Bears - San Antonio Rampage
- Quick Gets The West Coast Call - Manchester Monarchs
- Calder Cup Champion Wolves Team up with NIHL - Chicago Wolves
- Let the Monsters Serve You - Lake Erie Monsters
- Crunch Sign Left Wing Mark Bomersback - Syracuse Crunch
- Upcoming Games for the B-Sens - Binghamton Senators
- Wolf Pack to Face the Bruins Wednesday - Connecticut Whale
- Blues Recall Tyson Strachan - Peoria Rivermen
- Bears sign Kip Brennan, Machesney to play for Team Canada - Hershey Bears
- Monarchs Signs Boutin To Tryout - Manchester Monarchs
- Admirals Host River Rats to Close Out Homestand - Norfolk Admirals
- Moose release Boutin; recall Ellis from Victoria - Manitoba Moose
- Rivermen Team to Visit Children's Hospital Today - Peoria Rivermen
- Goaltender David Shantz Reassigned To Elmira - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.