Quentin, Colon Set to Rehab with Kannapolis in Savannah
SAVANNAH, GA - The Intimidators will benefit from the services of a pair of Big Leagues starting on Monday in Savannah, as outfielder Carlos Quentin will play leftfield on Monday and Tuesday and right-hander Bartolo Colon will make a start on Tuesday.
Quentin, 26, was one of the top outfielders in the American League in 2008, hitting .288 with 36 home runs and 100 RBIs in 130 games. Quentin was named to the All-Star team and managed to finish fifth in AL MVP voting despite missing almost the entire month of September with a wrist injury.
Quentin has been on the disabled list this season since May 26 with plantar fasciitis. He is expected to start in leftfield on Monday and Tuesday, with both games beginning at 7:00 p.m.
Colon, 36, is scheduled to make his second rehab start on Tuesday. The 2005 AL Cy Young Award winner has been on the disabled list since June 9 with a sore left knee and pitched five innings for the Charlotte Knights last week.
Colon was 3-6 with a 4.23 ERA in 11 starts with the White Sox before heading to the disabled list. The right-hander is 153-101 over the course of his Big League career and has played with five teams since entering the Major Leagues in 1997. He was named an All Star in 1998 and 2005.
Live broadcasts for every Intimidators game are available online at IntimidatorsBaseball.com.
South Atlantic League Stories from July 13, 2009
- Shorebirds hand Legends record-breaking 19-0 loss - Delmarva Shorebirds
- RiverDogs boil Crawdads, 7-3 - Charleston RiverDogs
- Crawdads' miscues lead to 7-3 loss - Hickory Crawdads
- Quentin, bullpen help Intimidators beat Savannah - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Drive rally past Suns for 5-4 victory - Greenville Drive
- Braves fall to Grasshoppers, 2-1 - Rome Braves
- Power Comeback Falls Short - West Virginia Power
- Suns run out of rallies in 5-4 loss - Hagerstown Suns
- Monell's pinch-hit wins it in 9th - Augusta GreenJackets
- BlueClaws Outrun Hot Rods, 9-4 - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Frazier deals gem, Tourists keep rolling - Asheville Tourists
- Rome Makes Multiple Roster Changes - Rome Braves
- Smolinski is Minor League Player of the Month - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Quentin, Colon Set to Rehab with Kannapolis in Savannah - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Captains Return Home July 13 for Eight-Game Homestand - Lake County Captains
- White Sox Major Leaguers, Green Beer & Yellow Bandanas This Week - Savannah Sand Gnats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.