Portland's Mills Re-Assigned To Idaho Stampede
January 13, 2010 - NBA Development League (D-League) News Release
NEW YORK, Jan. 13, 2010 - Portland Trail Blazers guard Patrick Mills was re-assigned to the Idaho Stampede, Portland's NBA D-League affiliate, it was announced today. Mills' assignment is the 12th to an NBA D-League affiliate this season.
During his first assignment to the Stampede earlier this month, Mills appeared in two games, averaging 30.0 points, shooting 21-of-37 from the field, to go with 7.5 assists in 34.0 minutes. He scored a team-high 38 points against the Reno Bighorns on Jan. 1.
Originally selected by Portland with the 55th overall pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, Mills has appeared in one game for the Trail Blazers this season, recording two assists in five minutes on Jan. 4 at the Los Angeles Clippers.
A two-year contributor at St. Mary's (Calif.), Mills twice earned First Team All-West Coast Conference. Named West Coast Conference Newcomer of the Year as a freshman, Mills was also selected to the Naismith Trophy Award Mid-Season Top-30 list during his sophomore season.
Mills averaged a team-high 14.2 points to go with 2.2 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 1.7 steals in 23 minutes for his native Australia at the Beijing Olympics becoming the youngest player in Australian history to compete in the Olympic Games in basketball.
Trail Blazers fans can stay in step with Mills, who will join the Stampede this afternoon and be available when the team hosts the Bighorns on Jan. 15, by logging onto nba.com/dleague to watch all of the Stampede's games live, online, for free.
NBA Development League Stories from January 13, 2010
- T-Birds Defeat Vipers To Win Sixth Straight - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Vipers Home Win-Streak Snapped - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- BayHawks Battle To Close Out Home Win - Erie BayHawks
- Versus Tips Off D-League Coverage On Sat Jan 16 At 11 pm ET - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Toros Partner With Capital Area Food Bank - Austin Spurs
- Trail Blazers Reassign Patty Mills To Idaho Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Portland's Mills Re-Assigned To Idaho Stampede - D-League
- Dorsey Recalled By Rockets - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Mad Ants Acquire Rashad Anderson - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Time Warner Cable Now Shows Live Maine Red Claws Games - Maine Red Claws
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - D-League
- Wear Pink To Game This Saturday - Springfield Armor
- BayHawks Finalize Roster Move - Erie BayHawks
- Farmer Sets Record In 98-85 Bighorns Win Over Utah - Reno Bighorns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.