Pizza Ranch to Host 2010 NBA Development League Draft Party
Sioux Falls, S.D. (Oct. 21, 2010) - The Sioux Falls Skyforce will hold their 2010 NBA Development League Draft party at Pizza Ranch located at 2717 W. 41st St. in Sioux Falls on Monday, Nov. 1 from 6-9 p.m. Fans unable to attend can follow the live draft board or join a live chat at nbadleague.com.
Skyforce coaches, front office staff, Skyleaders and Thunder will be in attendance and several great prizes will be given away throughout the evening. In order to gain entrance to the party fans will be required to purchase a buffet which includes the salad bar, pizza, chicken, soup, several dessert options and a beverage.
The Reno Bighorns will have the first overall pick in a serpentine selection process, followed by the New Mexico Thunderbirds, Maine Red Claws, Texas Legends, Springfield Armor, Iowa Energy, Rio Grande Valley Vipers, Utah Flash, Dakota Wizards, Fort Wayne Mad Ants, Sioux Falls Skyforce, Bakersfield Jam, Tulsa 66ers, Austin Toros, Erie BayHawks and Idaho Stampede.
The draft is "serpentine" or "snaked" which means the order will be reversed in each of the eight rounds. For example, after picking first, Reno's next selection will be 32nd overall. Idaho will select last in the first round, but first in the second round, giving them the 16th and 17th picks overall.
Each of the NBA D-League's 16 teams will be given one pick in each round. No trades will be permitted during the draft and only players signed to an NBA D-League Standard Player Contract are eligible to be selected.
In addition to the 11th pick, Sioux Falls will also select 22nd, 43rd, 54th, 75th, 86th, 107th and 118th overall in the 128-player draft.
Season tickets and 12-ticket flex packs for the 2010-11 season are on sale. Discounts and benefits are also available for groups of 10 or more. Single game tickets will go on sale in early November. The home opener is set for Saturday, Nov. 27 against the rival Dakota Wizards. For more information please contact a Skyforce representative at (605) 332-0605.
NBA Development League Stories from October 21, 2010
- Energy Announce D-League Draft Party Details - Iowa Energy
- Austin Toros to Host Draft Party - Austin Spurs
- Red Claws Team up with Enterprising Windham HS Students to Renovate Court - Maine Red Claws
- Reno Bighorns Tryouts Set for Saturday in Sacramento - Reno Bighorns
- Springfield Armor to Hold 2010 Player Tryout this Weekend, October 23rd and 24th - Springfield Armor
- Red Claws Ale Expanded to 6-, 12-Packs Due to Demand - Maine Red Claws
- Pizza Ranch to Host 2010 NBA Development League Draft Party - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- BayHawks Kids Clinic this Weekend - Erie BayHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.