Philadelphia Union Prepare for Colorado Rapids
Chester, Pa. (March 3, 2013)- Philadelphia Union enter the second week of the 2013 season as the club trains before a match at Dick's Sporting Goods Park against Colorado Rapids, kicking off Saturday, March 9 at 6:00 p.m. ET on The Comcast Network.
Philadelphia Union solidified the team's opening-day roster last week, as the club announced the signings of SuperDraft pick Don Anding, Supplemental pick Leo Fernandes and returning goalkeeper Chris Konopka. The trio had been training with the club since the beginning of preseason.
The club also announced last week an international exhibition scheduled for Saturday, March 23 at 5:00 p.m. against Mexico's Club Universidad Nacional, A.C., more commonly known as the Pumas. Tickets go on sale to the public Monday, March 4 at 10:00 a.m. ET on www.philadelphiaunion.com or by calling 877-21-UNION.
In front of over 18,000 fans at PPL Park on Saturday, the Union opened the season with a 3-1 loss against Sporting KC. After being traded before the beginning of last year's season, Union forward Sebastien Le Toux, the club's all-time leading scorer, broke the deadlock in the 17th minute with a goal in his first game back with the club. Sporting KC then responded with three unanswered goals as Graham Zusi scored one and provided two assists, leading the defending Eastern Conference champs to the victory over Philadelphia in the first game of the year.
Major League Soccer Stories from March 3, 2013
- New York Plays to a Wild 3-3 Tie at Portland in MLS Season Opener - New York Red Bulls
- Chicago Fire Fall to LA Galaxy 4-0 - Chicago Fire
- Galaxy Shut out Fire 4-0 in Home Opener - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Philadelphia Union Prepare for Colorado Rapids - Philadelphia Union
- La Ley Radio Named as Official Spanish Language Radio Broadcaster - Chicago Fire
- Chivas USA Falls 3-0 in Season Opener - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Sounders FC Fall in Season Opener - Seattle Sounders FC
- Impact Wins Season Opener 1-0 against the Sounders in Seattle - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.