Philadelphia Phillies C Erik Kratz to Rehab with Fightins
READING, Pa.---Philadelphia Phillies catcher Erik Kratz will continue his Major League rehab assignment in Reading on Saturday night at 6:35 p.m. when the Reading Fightin Phils host the New Hampshire Fisher Cats at FirstEnergy Stadium. Saturday's game features a pre-game National Penn Bank Fightins Mascot Band Concert and a post-game fireworks show thanks to International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 429.
Kratz, 33, was placed on the disabled list after suffering a meniscus tear during the June 8 game between the Phillies and Milwaukee Brewers. He underwent left knee surgery and began his rehab assignment with the Lehigh Valley IronPigs (AAA) on Monday night. Prior to his injury, Kratz was hitting .229/.290/.436 with eight home runs and 22 RBIs as he handled starting catching duties for the Phillies with Carlos Ruiz unable to play.
In his breakout season with the Phillies in 2012, Kratz slugged nine home runs and hit .246 in 50 games behind the dish. Throughout the season, he shuttled between Philadelphia and Lehigh Valley, making 38 starts at the major league level. In those 38 starts, the Phillies were 23-15 (.605).
A native of Telford, Pa., Kratz was selected by the Toronto Blue Jays in the 29th round of the 2002 draft. He played seven seasons in the Toronto system before being signed by the Pittsburgh Pirates in 2009. Kratz joined the Phillies system for the 2011 seasons where he slammed 15 homers in 103 games with the IronPigs.
Tickets for Saturday's game at FirstEnergy Stadium are available by visiting Fightins.com, calling the Fightin Phils Ticket Office at 610-370-BALL, or by visiting the Fightin Phils Ticket Office in person at FirstEnergy Stadium.
Eastern League Stories from July 13, 2013
- Baysox Complete Largest Shutout in History - Bowie Baysox
- Aguilar, Aeros Do Roger Dorn Proud in 10-3 Win - Akron RubberDucks
- Fightins Felled by Fisher Cats, 6-3 - Reading Fightin Phils
- Slumping Squirrels Endure Bloodbath in Bowie, 13-0 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Pitching Continues to Shine in 6-1 Win at New Britain - Trenton Thunder
- New Britain Held up by Thunder; Lose 6-1 - New Britain Rock Cats
- Binghamton Sweeps Portland in Twin Bill - Binghamton Mets
- Aeros' Offense Too Much for Curve on Saturday - Altoona Curve
- Robbins Blasts Walk off Winner - Erie SeaWolves
- Karns Solid But Sens Fall on Walk-Off in Erie - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs drop a pair to Binghamton, 5-2 and 6-0 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Jacobo Homers Again in 6-3 at Reading - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Altoona Curve Game Information: July 13, 2013 - Altoona Curve
- Akron Aeros Statement Regarding Tonight's Roger Dorn Snow Globe Giveaway - Akron RubberDucks
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- B-Mets Game Notes: Game #91 & #92 Binghamton Mets (55-34) vs. Portland Sea Dogs (46-44) - Binghamton Mets
- Philadelphia Phillies C Erik Kratz to Rehab with Fightins - Reading Fightin Phils
- Sea Dogs win a 15-inning marathon 8-5 in Binghamton - Portland Sea Dogs
- Sea Dogs Take 15-Inning Marathon, 8-5 - Binghamton Mets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.