Peter White Hall Of Fame Induction Higlights Big Night With Phantoms
PHILADELPHIA - This Sunday, April 5, the Phantoms will be staging some very special events prior to and following the team's 5:05 game against the Norfolk Admirals. In addition to having significant implications on Philadelphia's quest for a 10th berth in the Calder Cup Playoffs, the day's festivities will include the induction of Peter White into the Philadelphia Phantoms Hall of Fame prior to the game, a giveaway of Spectrum ice to the first 5,000 fans courtesy of Wachovia, and the auction of the team's Spectrum jerseys following the contest. It is the first of just two regular season games remaining at the historic Wachovia Spectrum.
White will become the seventh member of the Phantoms Hall of Fame. An original Phantom, White played two stints in Philadelphia, from 1996-2000 and from 2002-2005. He is the franchise's all-time leading scorer, and has appeared in more games than any other player in franchise history.
Overall, White holds six of the franchise's ten individual career records, which are as follows:
Most points, career - 472
Most goals, career - 153
Most assists, career - 319
Most games played, career - 431
Most power play goals, career - 58
Most game-winning goals, career - 28
White scored 105 points in each of Philadelphia's two seasons, which also stand as franchise records for most points in a year. No other Phantom has ever reached the 100-point plateau in a single year. His 78 assists in the 1997-98 season are also a franchise record, and helped the club win its first Calder Cup championship that year.
Also on Sunday, the Phantoms will have a special giveaway of actual ice gleaned from the Wachovia Spectrum ice surface. Sponsored by Wachovia, the ice will be presented in its liquid state to the first 5,000 fans through the doors on Sunday. It consists of shaved ice collected with the Zamboni, then melted down and poured into small glass bottles adorned with the Phantoms logo.
The Phantoms will wear their special Spectrum tribute jerseys for the final time on Sunday. The black-based jersey is trimmed in the famous four-color Spectrum treatment. The sweaters will be auctioned off in Bullies following the game.
The contest will mark the second home game for Flyers prospect James van Riemsdyk, the second overall pick in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft who signed a contract with the Phantoms for the remainder of the season last week. The Phantoms will be giving away five autographed van Riemsdyk jerseys to random fans over the course of the night.
The Phantoms are currently in Norfolk, where they play the Admirals tonight and Saturday before returning home for Sunday's contest.
There are just two regular season games remaining at the Wachovia Spectrum. Adult tickets are just $10 and kids tickets just $5 for the remainder of the 2008-09 season. Tickets are going fast for the final game on Friday, April 10 against the Hershey Bears. Tickets are available through ComcastTIX at 1-800-298-4200, at the Wachovia Complex box office or online at Phantomshockey.com.
CURRENT MEMBERS OF THE PHANTOMS HALL OF FAME
Bill Barber (2005)
Frank Bialowas (2005)
Neil Little (2006)
John Stevens (2007)
Bob Clarke (2008)
Frank Miceli (2009)
American Hockey League Stories from April 3, 2009
- Admirals Sunk by Lake Erie - Milwaukee Admirals
- Houston falls 3-1 to Peoria Friday, could clinch playoffs Saturday - Houston Aeros
- Rivermen Seize Second Place With 3-1 Win Over Aeros - Peoria Rivermen
- Crunch Fall to Rockford in a Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose drop divisional battle to Marlies, 3-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Bentivoglio's tally 25 seconds into overtime gives Sound Tigers 4-3 victory over Hershey - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bulldogs ground Griffins with a 6-3 win - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Greentree provides offense as Flames top Wolves - Abbotsford Heat
- Griffins fall late in 6-3 loss at Hamilton - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Hartford smacks P-Bruins,6-0 - Connecticut Whale
- Rampage roast Chops - San Antonio Rampage
- Bernier, First In Flight - Manchester Monarchs
- Sharks Edge Albany 3-2 - Albany River Rats
- Phantoms Sneak Past Admirals in Overtime - Norfolk Admirals
- Crawford shines in shootout - Rockford IceHogs
- Devils Lose Battle Versus Pirates, 3-1 - Albany Devils
- Phantoms Take Control Of Playoff Race With 3-2 Overtime Win In Norfolk - Adirondack Phantoms
- Sharks Edge Albany 3-2 - Albany River Rats
- Sharks Riley past Rats 3-2 - Worcester Sharks
- P-Bruins Fall To Wolf Pack 6-0 - Providence Bruins
- Pirates Get 3-1 Victory Over Devils - Portland Pirates
- Sharks reassign forward Ryan Vesce to Worchester - Worcester Sharks
- Moose one of many to thank Flood Fighters with free tickets - Manitoba Moose
- Goaltender Anton Khudobin reassigned to Houston Aeros - Houston Aeros
- Teaming Up for a Great Cause - Cleveland Monsters
- Kings Ink Free Agent Mullen - Manchester Monarchs
- Amerks To Honor Thomas M. Nichols Scholarship Winners April 5th - Rochester Americans
- Dallas Assigns Dan Jancevski To Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Amerks Host B-Sens Tonight - Rochester Americans
- Potter Sent to Pack - Connecticut Whale
- Rampage Host Boy Scout Night - San Antonio Rampage
- Boychuk Named AHL's Top Defenseman - Providence Bruins
- Providence's Johnny Boychuk wins AHL's Eddie Shore Award - AHL
- Admirals Team Up with Wisconsin State Fair - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rampage Sign Staal to ATO - San Antonio Rampage
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Admirals Sign LW Brandon Buck to Tryout - Norfolk Admirals
- Aeros visit Peoria tonight at 7 p.m. in battle for second place - Houston Aeros
- Blackhawks Assign Aliu To Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Flames Recall Defencemen John Negrin And Matt Pelech From American Hockey League - Abbotsford Heat
- Stanley Cup Visit to Cap Off Griffins' Home Schedule - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Peter White Hall Of Fame Induction Higlights Big Night With Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Chops stay alive with big 5-3 win in Houston on Thursday - Iowa Chops
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.