Penguins sign Morency
WILKES-BARRE, PA - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins have signed right winger Pascal Morency , it was announced by team CEO Jeff Barrett. In accordance with club policy, terms of the deal were not released.
Morency, 23, appeared in two games with the Penguins last season, going scoreless with four penalty minutes before being assigned to the Wheeling Nailers (ECHL). He ranked 12th on the Nailers with 17 points (8-9), and led the club with 252 penalty minutes in 51 games.
The 5-10, 196 pound native of Montreal broke into the pro ranks with Flint of the United Hockey League in 2003-04, recording 14 points (8-6) and a team-high 248 penalty minutes.
Morency played four seasons in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, recording 75 points (28-47) and 724 penalty minutes while splitting time between Chicoutimi, Cape Breton, Hull and Rouyn-Noranda. His 596 penalty minutes with Cape Breton in 2001-02 were first in the league.
The Wheeling Nailers Sweepstakes is now under way. Purchase any ticket package for the Nailers 2005-2006 season and be entered to win fabulous prizes such as a trip to Cancun Mexico or tickets to see the Steelers, Pirates, Penguins or the Cleveland Cavaliers. Call the Nailers ticket office at 304-234-4625 or toll free at 1-877-NAIL-TIX to enter to win or enter on-line at www.wheelingnailers.com.
American Hockey League Stories from September 7, 2005
- Bruins Add Four More to Roster - Providence Bruins
- Islanders Re-Sign Wade Dubielewicz - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Lock Monsters Are Searching For Singers - Albany Devils
- Falcons/Lightning Sign Ryan Vesce - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins sign Morency - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch announce tickets go on sale Friday - Syracuse Crunch
- Penguins sign Pascal Morencey and Tim Verbeek - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Ak-Sar-Ben Knights invite Heartland to pitch in for disaster relief - Abbotsford Heat
- Casino Night proceeds to go towards Sunshine Kids located in Louisiana - Houston Aeros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.