PEI Rocket Announce Free Internet Audio Broadcast
The PEI Rocket have announced that fans will now have the opportunity to listen to the Rocket games on the internet with a free audio feed. "Fans asked us for a free audio feed" said GM Kent Hudson, "so we are going to be able to do that now. Unfortunately we are in a small market and are not able to offer a radio broadcast, but this is the best that we can do for now".
The away games will be available on the internet by downloading a free tuner software on the internet. Visit the PEI Rocket website at www.peirocket.com and click on the button for Radio/Webcast and select the Rocket Radio link. All instructions are located on the PEI Rocket website, and a synopsis of the process is outlined below.
"We have a great partnership with Telus on a League-wide basis where fans can watch the games live on the internet, but for people who do not want to pay for the viewing, then we are able to offer this option. We continue to listen to our fans and are doing everything we can to make our team more successful in perhaps the smallest market in Major Junior Hockey", added Hudson.
The audio broadcast will be up and running for this Saturday's game between the Rocket and the Halifax Mooseheads from the Metro Centre in Halifax. "While we are still working out a few issues on the reliability and quality, we feel that the broadcast will provide our fans with an option to hear the away games and follow the Rocket at no cost", said the GM.
Audio Broadcast Information
Download BS Tuner Software
- In order to hear the free broadcast of the PEI Rocket Games, you will need to download the BS Tuner Software at the following address:
- Follow the instructions to install the software.
To Listen to the Broadcast
- After installing the tuner, on game nights, at the game start time, open your BS Tuner Software (by double clicking on the BS Tuner icon on your desktop) and enter the following address in the menu bar provided:
A few notes:
There is a 2-4 minute delay in getting the broadcast started. The broadcast will start at game time, but you may have a delay before hearing the audio broadcast.
You will initially hear a high pitched beep for a couple of minutes before the broadcast begins. This means that the process is working.
If your broadcast gets interrupted, simply click the play button at the bottom of the screen.
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from December 11, 2009
- Wildcats win 5th straight - Moncton Wildcats
- Juniors sink Drakkar 4 to 1 - Montreal Juniors
- Sea Dogs Earn 21st Straight Win, 4-1 Over Rocket - Saint John Sea Dogs
- Maineiacs Name JF Houle Head Coach - Lewiston MAINEiacs
- PEI Rocket Announce Free Internet Audio Broadcast - P.E.I. Rocket
- Rocket Game Delayed until 7:30 PM - P.E.I. Rocket
- Tonight's Rocket Game Is On Schedule - P.E.I. Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.