PawSox Salvage Finale in Columbus
The Pawtucket Red Sox snapped a 4-4 tie and a four game losing streak on Monday night in Columbus Ohio, topping the Clippers, 6-4. Josh Kroeger hit a one out double in the ninth, and scored on a two bagger Daniel Nava. Nava later scored an insurance run on a base hit by Che-Hsuan Lin.
Brandon Duckworth allowed the 4 runs in 5 innings. He allowed a season-high, three homers. Justin Thomas, Mark Melancon and Garrett Mock combined for four hitless, scoreless innings of relief.
The PawSox scored first, in the second inning, as Mauro Gomez belted a home run over the left field wall. Gomez is tied for second in the I.L. with 8 homers. Columbus answered in the bottom of the inning with a pair of home runs by Matt LaPorta and Beau Mills. Pawtucket tied it at 3-3 in the third. Che-Hsuan Lin scored on a wild pitch and Tony Thomas scored on a Pedro Ciriaco single. That lead lasted briefly, as LaPorta blasted his second homer of the game in the third. Pawtucket knotted it at 4-4 in the sixth. Ryan Lavarnway had a sacrifice fly that plated Ciriaco. The score remained tied until the PawSox' ninth inning heroics.
The PawSox head to Toledo for a four game series that begins on Tuesday night at 6:30 p.m. Doug Mathis (0-1, 6.61) faces lefty Casey Crosby (2-2, 5.00).
International League Stories from April 30, 2012
- PawSox Salvage Finale in Columbus - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Knights Drop Finale to Chiefs 12-4 on Monday - Charlotte Knights
- Chiefs Score Season High to Beat Knights - Syracuse Chiefs
- Mud Hens Rained out on Monday; Home Game Tomorrow at 6:30 P.M. - Toledo Mud Hens
- Monday Night's Game Rained Out in Toledo - Gwinnett Braves
- Bisons/Red Wings Postponed (Rain) on Monday - Buffalo Bisons
- Tides Take Advantage of Louisville's Wildness - Norfolk Tides
- Justin Wilson Named IL Pitcher of the Week - Indianapolis Indians
- Torra, Feliciano Heroes in Bulls' Skid Snapping Victory - Durham Bulls
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - Monday, April 30 at Buffalo - Rochester Red Wings
- One-Day After No-Hitter, Bulls Two-Hit Tribe - Indianapolis Indians
- Promotion-Heavy Homestand Continues Tuesday - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bisons Notes - Rochester at Buffalo - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Activate INF Zach Lutz - Buffalo Bisons
- May Is Baseball Month in Rochester - Rochester Red Wings
- International League Names Players of the Week - IL
- Stadium Groundbreaking to Take Place Today - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.