Parkview Field Hosts Y's Healthy Kids Day
Fort Wayne, IN - Kids and families across the community are invited to attend the YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne's Healthy Kids Day on Sunday, May 19 from 1 - 4 p.m. at Parkview Field. This free community event includes fun, active play and educational activities that will inspire kids to carry a spirit of excitement and exploration throughout their summer, while giving them the tools to keep growing and achieving all year long.
Summer is the time for kids to get up, get out and grow. The YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne knows that parents struggle to find the time to incorporate more active play and healthier habits into their kids' daily routine. Doing so doesn't have to require extra money or resources. It's as simple as making a play date with your kids, with two key requirements - be active and have fun!
The event will also feature special guest performer, stunt cyclist Chris Clark. Clark has competed around the world and entertained thousands at events like the Gravity Games, Vans Warped Tour, New Year City's Times Square Parade and even the Olympic Games! Watch and be amazed as he moves and maneuvers his bike and body over custom built ramps and obstacles, displaying skills from years of international competition.
"Encouraging lifelong education and an enthusiasm for learning are key components of the Y's youth development work, said Marty Pastura, President and CEO of the YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne. "The YMCA's Healthy Kids Day supports our dedication to providing families with opportunities to learn, grow, and have fun together."
The YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne has partnered with Parkview LiVe to hold this event at Parkview Field on Sunday, May 19 from 1 to 4 p.m. For more information, contact the YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne at (260) 422-6488, email email@example.com or visit fwymca.org.
Midwest League Stories from May 14, 2013
- Bostick Leads Snappers to 10-3 Win to Earn Split - Beloit Snappers
- Timber Rattlers Come Back to Bite Bandits, 9-7 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Chiefs Knock Off Cougars to Start Series - Peoria Chiefs
- Roache caps Rattlers comeback with big home run - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Loons Fall to Silver Hawks in Return to Midland - Great Lakes Loons
- Walker & Lee Lead Kernels over Bees - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Chiefs Top Cougars in Series Opener - Kane County Cougars
- Whitecaps Stifled By Rehabbing Cueto - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Bees Late Rally Falls Short in 5-4 Loss - Burlington Bees
- Hot Rods Edge TinCaps in Series Opener - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Cueto, Dragons Win 6-2 - Dayton Dragons
- Hot Rods Cool off TinCaps - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts Sink Captains 7-4 - Lake County Captains
- Lugnuts Cruise Past Captains, 7-4 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Parkview Field Hosts Y's Healthy Kids Day - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- TinCaps Announce Roster Moves - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons GameDay for May 14 - Dayton Dragons
- Indians Pitchers Vinnie Pestano and Blake Wood to Rehab with Captains Tomorrow - Lake County Captains
- Kernels Begin Home Stand with Flurry of Roster Moves - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Guerrieri Named MWL Pitcher of the Week - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Wisconsin Wins 5-4 in 11 Innings on Walk-Off Walk - Burlington Bees
- Four Lugnuts Combine for Two-Hit Shutout - Great Lakes Loons
- Rattlers Walkoff With An Extra-Innings Win - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.