Padres Recall Drew Macias
PORTLAND, Ore. - The San Diego Padres today recalled Portland outfielder Drew Macias and placed right-handed pitcher Shawn Hill on the 15-day disabled list with inflammation of the right elbow. Additionally, the Beavers reinstated infielder Brett Dowdy from the disabled list.
Macias, 26, makes a return trip to San Diego, where he went 0-for-2 in two pinch-hitting appearances to start the season before being optioned to Portland on April 10. Macias is batting .321 (17-for-53) with four doubles, one home run, five RBIs, 11 walks and 10 runs scored in 15 games with Portland this season.
Dowdy, 27, was placed on the disabled list with a right quadriceps strain on April 18 (retroactive to April 16). In four games with the Beavers this season, he is batting .071 (1-for-14) with a double, one walk and a run scored.
With today's moves, the Beavers' roster remains at its 24-man limit.
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 26, 2009
- Reno knocks off Fresno, 3-2 - Reno Aces
- Sky Sox Beat Rainiers 7-5 in a Home Run Happy Affair - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Z's rally falls short - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Arias gets first win of season - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Blanked By I-Cubs, 3-0 - Nashville Sounds
- Beavers-Bees Postponed Due To Rain Sunday - Portland Beavers
- Royals, RedHawks Rained Out Again - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Today's Bees Game Postponed - Salt Lake Bees
- Padres Recall Drew Macias - Portland Beavers
- Angels Recall Fernando Rodriguez - Salt Lake Bees
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.