P-Bruins Recall Courtnall
Providence, RI - The Providence Bruins, in their 21st season in the American Hockey League, announced today that the club has recalled forward Justin Courtnall from the South Carolina Stingrays (ECHL). Courtnall will travel with the team to St. John's for the games on Saturday and Sunday.
The left wing was reassigned to South Carolina on October 5. In five games with the Stingrays, Courtnall has gone scoreless and tallied 20 penalty minutes. A native of Victoria, BC, Courtnall spent the last three years at Boston University. As an assistant captain in 2011-12, Courtnall recorded a collegiate-high seven points on four goals and three assists. The 6'3", 210-pound forward is the son of former Bruins forward Geoff Courtnall, and the nephew of Russ Courtnall, veterans of 17 and 16 year NHL careers respectively.
Originally drafted by Tampa Bay in the seventh day of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the 23-year-old finished his collegiate career with 13 points and 104 penalty minutes.
The Providence Bruins will return to the Dunkin' Donuts Center on Friday, November 30 versus the Connecticut Whale. The puck drops at 7:05 p.m. for T-Shirt Night with the first 2,000 fans receiving a free t-shirt courtesy of Cool Air Creations.
Providence Bruins ticket packages are on sale now for the 2012-13 season. To purchase tickets of for more information, call the P-Bruins ticket office at 401-273-5000 or log on to the team website at www.providencebruins.com .
American Hockey League Stories from November 23, 2012
- Heat Beat Stars 1-0 in Overtime - Abbotsford Heat
- Rampage Fall to Houston, 2-1 - San Antonio Rampage
- Back to Back: Phantoms Prevail 2-1 - Adirondack Phantoms
- Sound Tigers Outscored by Whale 7-5 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Cole's Late Tally Leads to Shootout Win - Peoria Rivermen
- Abbotsford Slips by Texas 1-0 in Overtime - Texas Stars
- Tatar's Two Push Griffins Past Wolves - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Can't Snap Winless Streak - Lake Erie Monsters
- Crunch Edged by Senators 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Saad's Third Period Tally Lifts Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Fall in Shoot-Out to Peoria - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs' Friday Gets Darker - Manchester Monarchs
- Whale defeat Sound Tigers - Connecticut Whale
- Falcons Battle Through Wild Second Period, Surrender in Overtime - Springfield Falcons
- Black Friday No Bargain for Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- B-Sens Extend Win Streak to Five Games with 2-1 Win over Crunch - Binghamton Senators
- Hamilton Finds a Good Deal in Manchester on Black Friday - Worcester Sharks
- Devils Lose at Rochester - Albany Devils
- Fontaine Leads Houston Aeros to 2-1 Win in San Antonio - Houston Aeros
- Admirals Can't Complete Comeback in Glens Falls - Norfolk Admirals
- TVA Sports, TSN Radio 690, Sirius XM All to Broadcast Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Flynn, Brennan Power Amerks to 5-2 Win over Devils - Rochester Americans
- Fans Invited to Grey Cup Viewing Party at Copps Coliseum Following Bulldogs Game Sunday - Hamilton Bulldogs
- P-Bruins Recall Courtnall - Providence Bruins
- Griffins Take on Texas Twice Next Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sportsnet Adds More American Hockey League Action - AHL
- Falcons Players to Transform into Celebrity Servers Tuesday - Springfield Falcons
- SiriusXM NHL Network Radio Adds More American Hockey League Games to Schedule - AHL
- Amerks Ticket Discount Available on Specially Marked Pepsi Cans - Rochester Americans
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield at Portland, Game #15 - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals Sign Rod Pelley to PTO; Assign Gabe Guentzel to ECHL Fort Wayne - Norfolk Admirals
- Darcy Kuemper Reassigned to Orlando, Aeros Sign Goalie John Curry - Houston Aeros
- Falcons Sign Defenseman Cullity - Springfield Falcons
- Park and Ride Continues for this Weekend's Games - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.