Over $5100 Raised for Movember
The Owen Sound Attack, in partnership with McArthur Tire and 92.3 The Dock is pleased to announce that during their Movember campaign, they were able to raise $5122.00 in support of Men's Health.
During November each year, Movember is responsible for the sprouting of moustaches on thousands of men's faces in Canada and around the world. The annual month-long moustache growing and appreciation charity event helps raise vital funds and awareness for men's health, specifically prostate cancer.
"We were extremely fortunate to have such dedicated partners in this project.", stated Attack Director of Marketing and Public Relations, Brent Fisher. "A very special thank you to all of those at 92.3 The Dock and McArthur Tire, in particular Darlene Davidson for all the hard work that was put into making this Movember a success."
The funds raised are directed to programs run directly by Movember and men's health partner, Prostate Cancer Canada. Together the two channels work together to ensure that Movember funds are supporting a broad range of innovative, world-class programs in line with strategic goals in the areas of awareness, education, survivorship, prostate cancer research, male mental health, and influencing change in men's health.
Ontario Hockey League Stories from December 12, 2012
- Pavelka Player of the Month for November - Windsor Spitfires
- Domi, Horvat & Zadorov Named to Team Orr - London Knights
- Kingston Frontenacs' Ryan Kujawinski Named to Team Cherry - Kingston Frontenacs
- Bailey Named to Top Prospects Roster - Kitchener Rangers
- Harper Named to CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - Erie Otters
- 2013 Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game Rosters Announced - OHL
- IceDogs Acquire Jambrosich from Soo for Pick - Niagara IceDogs
- Over $5100 Raised for Movember - Owen Sound Attack
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.