by Joshua Russell
November 8, 2016 - American Hockey League (AHL)
Our Sports Central asked minor league executives across the country to participate in a short questionnaire about themselves. We will feature their responses every Tuesday.
This week's 10 questions are with Charlie Larson. He is currently the Vice President of Communications for the AHL's Milwaukee Admirals. Mr. Larson is from Ripon, Wisconsin and is now in his 17th season with the Admirals.
1. What was your first job in the sports industry? Intern for the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers baseball team (Class A, Midwest League)
2. What was the last app you downloaded? Google Maps. Apple maps just weren't cutting it.
3. What was the first job you ever had? Mowing lawns at the church behind my parent's house
4. What is currently your favorite song? Guns & Ships from the musical Hamilton
5. What is the last thing you watched on Netflix? Nothing. I think my wife and I are the the last two people under 40 who don't or haven't had a Netflix account.
6. What is the best advice you have ever received? You can't just work hard, you have to work smart as well
7. What is the last book you read? Valiant Ambition: George Washington, Benedict Arnold and the Fate of the American Revolution
8. What is one unique or quirky habit that you have? I like to read books while going for walks.
9. What advice would you give someone who wants to work in the sports industry? We'll over half the jobs in the sports industry are in sales, so don't be afraid to give it a try. You might even like it.
10. Who was your role model growing up?