Ortiz, Boer, And Fuentes Head To Ft. Myers
Beloit, WI - The Beloit Snappers, in conjunction with the Minnesota Twins have announced that outfielder, Danny Ortiz, and pitchers, Madison Boer and Nelvin Fuentes have been called up to Class- A Advanced, Ft. Myers. Ortiz, a fourth round draft pick by the Twins in 2009, was batting .299 in twenty-two games. Madison Boer was 2-2, with a 3.58 ERA in five games. Nelvin Fuentes was 0-0 in seven games, posting a 2.45 ERA in eleven innings.
The Beloit Snappers have announced that outfielder, Drew Leachman and left-handed pitcher, David Hurlbut have been added to the roster. Leachman is from Mobile, AL and was a 37th round pick by the Twins in 2011.He batted .237 for the GCL Twins in 2011 in 135 plate apperances. Hurlbut was a 28th round pick in 2011, with a 3-6 record in Rookie-Level Elizabethon in 2011. He posted a 4.50 ERA in sixty-six innings pitched. Leachman and Hurlbut will join the team when they hit the road for a three-game set against the Cedar Rapids Kernels on Wednesday.
Midwest League Stories from April 29, 2012
- Ortiz, Boer, And Fuentes Head To Ft. Myers - Beloit Snappers
- Early Slam Sends TinCaps to 5-2 Loss - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Snappers Break Tie in 9th, Beat Dragons 4-3 - Dayton Dragons
- Chiefs Win 5-2 Sunday - Peoria Chiefs
- Snappers Win in Walk off Fashion - Beloit Snappers
- Loons Edge Cougars in Pitchers' Duel - Great Lakes Loons
- Hawks and Bandits Washed Out; Double-Header Tuesday - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Bees Beat Captains, 7-2 - Burlington Bees
- Aquafina Pitch, Hit & Run Rescheduled for May 5 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Lugnuts record 6th shutout, 4-0 over Clinton - Lansing Lugnuts
- Three-run eighth gives Wisconsin a victory - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Loons Even Series with Cougars - Kane County Cougars
- Kernels and Whitecaps Postponed - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Hot Rods Fall Despite Rice's Two Base Knocks - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Captains Can't Recover from Four Run First Inning, Fall 7-2 - Lake County Captains
- River Bandits and Silver Hawks Postponed by Rain - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Hefner Becomes 108th Former Fort Wayne Star to Reach MLB - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Need a One Day Vacation" Snappers Can Deliver - Beloit Snappers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.