Operation Support Our Troops Concert Moves to Northwestern Medicine
GENEVA, Ill. - Operation Support Our Troops - America has announced that Rockin' for the Troops, the organization's largest fundraiser of the year, will take place at Northwestern Medicine Field - home of the Kane County Cougars - on Saturday, July 22. Tickets for the event are on sale now and can be purchased by visiting www.kccougars.com.
Visit www.RockinForTheTroops for additional information about the concert including FAQ's, volunteer opportunities and more.
Both OSOT-America and the Cougars are excited to announce Rock and Roll Hall of Famers Lynyrd Skynyrd as the headlining band. Motown tribute band, The Voices, will also perform along with Ayla Brown and Empty Pockets. Brown will perform patriotic inspired songs and country music while Empty Pockets rounds out the lineup with rock and roll. Gates will open at 2 p.m. with stage entertainment beginning at 2:30 p.m. Following the concert, there will be a fireworks display, courtesy of Melrose Pyrotechnics. Attendees are encouraged to bring donation items for Christmas stockings that will be sent to troops serving overseas.
Fans can purchase various ticket package options including a Meet & Greet for $300 which comes with one premium box seat ticket, an exclusive preshow meet & greet with Lynyrd Skynyrd, specially designed Lynyrd Skynyrd tour shirt, collective tour lithograph and more. The Free Bird VIP package is also available for $150 and includes multiple perks such as one premium box seat ticket, exclusive Free Bird trucker hat as well as a Lynyrd Skynyrd koozie and bottle opener set.
"The Cougars organization is honored that Northwestern Medicine Field will be the site of this year's Rockin' for the Troops," said Vice President and General Manager of the Kane County Cougars, Curtis Haug. "We are constantly striving to find ways to support both active duty military and veterans so we are thrilled to be hosting an event that not only benefits OSOT-America, but features such an iconic performer in Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Proceeds from each ticket will help support the programs of OSOT-America.
"This is an exciting year for OSOT-America with moving Rockin' for the Troops to Northwestern Medicine Field in Geneva, along with a different main act," said Jamie Nelson, Executive Director of OSOT-America. "We are hard at work to continue with the tradition of a day of support for our Military Community. Rockin' for the Troops helps us to raise the necessary funds to continue our mission of providing comfort and care for deployed troops. These funds are critical to our mission to cover the cost of shipping our comfort and care packages, provide one-time grants to veterans under financial stress and help our families of the fallen. We appreciate the continued support of our local communities."
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from April 21, 2017
- Bees Fend off Snappers, 8-4 - Burlington Bees
- Chiefs Lose 4-1 Friday - Peoria Chiefs
- Hot Rods Score Early, Win Second Straight Game - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- LumberKings Muster Only Two Hits in 3-1 Loss - Clinton LumberKings
- Winning Streak Snapped at Great Lakes - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Rattlers Beat Peoria 4-1 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Bandits Use Strong Pitching to Win Fifth Straight - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cubs Top Dragons 4-2, Create Tie for First Place - Dayton Dragons
- Rincon Shines, Loons Bounce Back - Great Lakes Loons
- Learn from LumberKings Players and Coaches at Ashford University Field - Clinton LumberKings
- Lugnuts Starter Gutierrez Placed on DL - Lansing Lugnuts
- High Schools Games Postponed Saturday; Action Will Resume Sunday - Dayton Dragons
- Bowling Green Hot Rods Game Notes ( at LAN) - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Operation Support Our Troops Concert Moves to Northwestern Medicine - Kane County Cougars
- Cubs Bats Stay Hot in 8-3 Win - South Bend Cubs
- TinCaps Top Great Lakes in 11 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Clinton Falls to Power Surging Quad Cities - Clinton LumberKings
- Marathon Sees Loons Falter - Great Lakes Loons
- Bandits Beat LumberKings for Fourth Straight Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Lugs Lose Despite Diaz's Dandy Debut - Lansing Lugnuts
- Rattlers Outslug Peoria 11-8 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Chiefs Fall 11-8 Thursday - Peoria Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.