Opening Day Catcher Jonathan Lucroy Promoted To Milwaukee
NASHVILLE, TN. - The Huntsville Stars Opening Day catcher Jonathan Lucroy has been promoted to the Milwaukee Brewers from the Triple-A affiliate Nashville Sounds today.
Lucroy was promoted from Huntsville to Nashville on April 20, after batting a Double-A leading .452 in just 10 games for the Stars. He had 19 hits in just 42 at-bats, knocking in five RBIs. His slugging percentage was .524.
With Nashville, Lucroy was hitting .238 with 19 hits in 80 at-bats in 21 games. Lucroy will be in uniform for the Brewers interleague game tonight against the Minnesota Twins.
For more information, visit www.huntsvillestars.com.
Southern League Stories from May 21, 2010
- Jaxx sweep double-header from Montgomery - Jackson Generals
- Poor Defense Plagues Biscuits in DH Sweep - Montgomery Biscuits
- BayBears Blank Barons in Opener, Lose Late in Game Two - Mobile BayBears
- Carolina defeats Chattanooga - Carolina Mudcats
- Mudcats Trump Lookouts, 6-3 - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Long ball dooms Tennessee in 7-0 loss to Jacksonville - Tennessee Smokies
- Hatcher Drives in Five as Suns Blank Smokies - Jacksonville Suns
- Ellis Returns to BayBears, Clifford Let Go - Mobile BayBears
- Opening Day Catcher Jonathan Lucroy Promoted To Milwaukee - Huntsville Stars
- Huntsville Stars Make Roster Transactions - Huntsville Stars
- Pringles Park To Host 3rd Annual High School All-Star Game - Jackson Generals
- Concepcion Rodriguez To The DL, Alejandro Machado To Mississippi - Mississippi Braves
- Stars Take Game One Of The Series, 5-4 - Mississippi Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.