Omaha's Ambroz, Oddo, Marshall Named Midseason CCM All-Stars
Chicago, IL - The United States Hockey League today announced the midseason CCM All-Star selections for the Eastern and Western Conference.
A total of 44 players - 22 from the Eastern and 22 from the Western - were chosen based on a vote by USHL coaches and general managers. The CCM All-Star rosters for each conference are made up of 13 forwards, seven defensemen, and two goaltenders.
"The USHL's CCM All-Star Awards represent one of the most prestigious midseason honors a junior-age player in North America can receive," said USHL Commissioner Skip Prince. "These rising stars exemplify what's special about the USHL and USA Hockey's development model. Five of this year's selections are already NHL draft choices, and several more will be drafted in June. Nearly all of the selections already has an NCAA Division I scholarship commitment, and they're going to 25 universities in all five of the collegiate hockey conferences. They're the best, representing the best, and this office and CCM are proud to salute them."
Four players were named USHL All-Stars for the second straight season. Omaha Lancers forward Seth Ambroz, Des Moines Buccaneers defenseman Austin Coldwell, and Indiana Ice defenseman Nick Mattson all competed in the 2010 USHL All-Star Game while Team USA forward Rocco Grimaldi was named but unable to participate in the event.
The Green Bay Gamblers, who currently have the best record in the USHL (30-10-2), lead the way with five All-Star selections while the Indiana Ice and the Dubuque Fighting Saints also each placed five players among the selections.
The USHL All-Star Game is absent from the schedule this season as the League is exploring options to develop an format that will build off the success of prior games and provide an improved experience for fans, scouts, and media.
2011 USHL All-Star Rosters
Defensemen: Nolan Zajac (Cedar Rapids RoughRiders), Aaron Harstad (Green Bay Gamblers), Nick Mattson (Indiana Ice), Alexx Privitera (Muskegon Lumberjacks), Jacob Trouba (Team USA), Andrew Panzarella (Waterloo Black Hawks), Scott Mayfield (Youngstown Phantoms)
Forwards: Cason Hohmann (Cedar Rapids RoughRiders), Jayson Megna (Cedar Rapids RoughRiders), Austin Czarnik (Green Bay Gamblers), William Kessel (Green Bay Gamblers), Jean-Paul LaFontaine (Green Bay Gamblers), Blake Coleman (Indiana Ice), Brian Ferlin (Indiana Ice), Peter Schneider (Indiana Ice), Daniil Tarasov (Indiana Ice), Matt Berry (Muskegon Lumberjacks), Ryan Misiak (Muskegon Lumberjacks), Rocco Grimaldi (Team USA), Cody Strang (Youngstown Phantoms)
Goaltenders: Brady Hjelle (Cedar Rapids RoughRiders), Ryan McKay (Green Bay Gamblers)
Defensemen: Austin Coldwell (Des Moines Buccaneers), Joakim Ryan (Dubuque Fighting Saints), Brian Cooper (Fargo Force), Matt Prapavessis (Lincoln Stars), Ben Marshall (Omaha Lancers), Jordan Schmaltz (Sioux City Musketeers), Rick Pinkston (Tri-City Storm)
Forwards: Cal Decowski (Des Moines Buccaneers), John Gaudreau (Dubuque Fighting Saints), Zemgus Girgensons (Dubuque Fighting Saints), Vinny Saponari (Dubuque Fighting Saints), Tanner Kero (Fargo Force), Jimmy Mullin (Fargo Force), Ryan Dzingel (Lincoln Stars), John McCarron (Lincoln Stars), Seth Ambroz (Omaha Lancers), Nick Oddo (Omaha Lancers), Caleb Herbert (Sioux City Musketeers), Max McCormick (Sioux City Musketeers), Ryan Jacobson (Sioux Falls Stampede)
Goaltenders: Matt Morris (Dubuque Fighting Saints), Ryan Massa (Fargo Force)
United States Hockey League Stories from February 18, 2011
- Ice Snuff Out Spark - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Ice Snuff Out Spark - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Saints defeat Bucs - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Bucks Bolster Roster with Signing of Giants Draft Pick Kramp - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Phantoms Earn First USHL Shutout, Beat Steel 6-0 - Youngstown Phantoms
- Setback Halts Lancers Season-High Six-Game Home Winning Streak - Omaha Lancers
- Jacks outlasted by Team USA 1-0 at Ice Cube - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Des Moines Buccaneers Coldwell and Decowski Named USHL CCM All-Stars - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Saints to Finish Season Series with Bucs Tonight - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Storm Captain Named USHL All-Star - Tri-City Storm
- Five Saints Named to USHL All-Star Team - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- USHL Announces Midseason CCM All-Stars - USHL
- Three Muskegon Lumberjacks Named CCM All-Stars - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Omaha's Ambroz, Oddo, Marshall Named Midseason CCM All-Stars - Omaha Lancers
- Stampede's Jacobson Named USHL All-Star - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Captain Picked Among Stars - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Jacks Forward Lochner Commits to Niagara - Muskegon Lumberjacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.