Oilers Re-Assign Abney to Stockton
Oklahoma City - The Edmonton Oilers assigned forward Cameron Abney to the Stockton Thunder of the ECHL, General Manager Bill Scott announced today.
Abney, a 6-5, 200-pounder from Aldergrove, B.C. has split time this season between Stockton and Oklahoma City. With the Barons, he has appeared in four games, served 14 penalty minutes and is +1. Last season, the Oilers 3rd round draft choice (81st overall) in the 2009 NHL Draft also split time between Stockton and Oklahoma City. In 46 games last season, he recorded five points (2-3-5) while serving 156 penalty minutes.
The weekend for the Barons takes on a festive theme. Following the game Friday night, fans may shoot for a FREE ham from Schwab Meats. Saturday is the Barons annual Teddy Bear Toss, Sing for Santa event, Jeep Wrangler giveaway in the Drive Away Every Saturday promotion and Scarf Night. The first 2,000 fans through the doors receive a Barons scarf.
Both nights, fans have the opportunity to bid on trees decorated by the players. Each player was given a tree and asked to decorate it based on their likes and styles. Funds raised in the bids go to benefit the Barons Buddies Program with Special Olympics. A total of 25 trees are available. Friday, December 14, 12 trees are available for bids, while the remaining 13 are available for bids on Saturday, December 15.
Oklahoma City skates in three games this weekend, two of them at home. Friday and Saturday, the Barons take on the San Antonio Rampage at the Cox Convention Center at 7 p.m. The weekend concludes Sunday in Houston as the Barons take on the Aeros at 5 p.m.
A variety of ticket packages are available to meet every individual or group need. Packages ranging from 7-game and 11-game packs to Full Season Seats are available. Call the Barons' front office at 405-232-4625 for information on group outings, Season Seats and other ticket packages.
American Hockey League Stories from December 12, 2012
- Hamilton Bulldogs Recall Olivier Fortier - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Crunch Edge Senators 4-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Whale Hold off Sharks 2-1 - Connecticut Whale
- Bulter Ties Record, Devils Win 6-3 - Albany Devils
- Sharks Can't Solve Whale Again - Worcester Sharks
- B-Sens Fall to Crunch, 4-3 - Binghamton Senators
- Butler Helps Devils Cruise Past Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceCaps Dumped by Bears - St. John's IceCaps
- Holtby, Bears Blank IceCaps - Hershey Bears
- Phantoms Weekly - Teddy Bear Time - Adirondack Phantoms
- IceCaps Hit 54 Straight Sellouts - St. John's IceCaps
- Toronto Splits Pair Of Divisional Games At Ricoh Coliseum - Toronto Marlies
- Stars Re-Sign Taylor Vause to Professional Tryout - Texas Stars
- Oilers Re-Assign Abney to Stockton - Oklahoma City Barons
- Comcast Network To Air Five Adirondack Phantoms Games - Adirondack Phantoms
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Whale Announce Roster Changes - Connecticut Whale
- Defenseman Ben Blood Reassigned to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Sam James from 'The Voice' to Perform at Worcester Sharks Game - Worcester Sharks
- Heat Earn Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss to Americans - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.