OHL Announces Disciplinary Action
November 23, 2012 - Ontario Hockey League (OHL) News Release
Toronto, ON - The Ontario Hockey League today announced the results of a review of an incident which took place in a game played in Ottawa on the 18th of November, 2012 involving the 67's and the visiting Plymouth Whalers Hockey Club.
The incident reviewed was a checking to the head infraction involving player Sean Monahan of the Ottawa 67's Hockey Club.
Based on a review of the incident, it is the position of the League that player Sean Monahan shall be suspended for ten (10) games effective immediately.
The league has taken the position, that for education purposes, announcements regarding supplementary discipline may be supported by video footage and additional rationale for all incidents involving checking to the head, checking from behind, and others at the discretion of the league.
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 23, 2012
- Hounds start off trip with win in Sudbury - Soo Greyhounds
- Generals Notch Big Win - Oshawa Generals
- Murphy Scores Game Winner In Debut As Spits Edge Spirit 2-1 - Windsor Spitfires
- Palazzese Records First Shutout in Rangers' 5-0 Win - Kitchener Rangers
- Despite a Solid Road Effort, Spirit Fall in Windsor 2-1 - Saginaw Spirit
- IceDogs Trample Bulls 4-1 - Niagara IceDogs
- Otters Lose in Guelph, 3-2 - Erie Otters
- OHL Announces Disciplinary Action - OHL
- Steelheads Introduce Holiday Value Pack - Mississauga Steelheads
- Kingston Frontenacs off to a Promising Start to the Season, Both on and off the Ice - Kingston Frontenacs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.