Offense Comes Alive to Beat Hounds 9-5
MIDLAND--The Missions established season highs in runs and hits while snapping a four game losing streak Thursday night in the series opener at Security Bank Ballpark.
Luis Urias and Nick Schulz became the first Mission hitters to collect four hits in a game as the duo paced a 17-hit attack.
San Antonio scored in each of the first five innings and got six innings of one-run ball from four relievers against the three-time defending Texas League champs.
Starter Enyel De Los Santos struggled with his command from the start and lasted only three innings while making 77 pitches. De Los Santos tossed six perfect innings in his previous assignment and had allowed one run over his first two starts.
The right-hander walked four while being charged with three runs and five hits.
Rafael De Paula (2-0) was credited with the win.
NOTES: The Missions entered play having scored no more than two runs in five straight games. They were last in the league in both batting (.220) and runs (3.17 RPG)....Midland pitchers struck out 14 San Antonio batters in the loss.
NEXT: RH Brett Kennedy (0-0, 2.70) at Midland RH Grant Holmes (1-1, 4.76) 7:00 PM
KONO 860 AM
Texas League Stories from April 21, 2017
- Drillers Game Rained out in Springdale - Tulsa Drillers
- Riders Roster Update: April 21 - Frisco RoughRiders
- Naturals Game against the Tulsa Drillers on April 21 has Been Postponed - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- RockHounds Fall in Opener to Missions, 9-5 - Midland RockHounds
- Hooks Rally for Extra-Inning Victory - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Cardinals Win Third Straight with 6-3 Victory in Arkansas - Springfield Cardinals
- Riders Outlasted by Hooks in Extras - Frisco RoughRiders
- Cards Top Travs 6-3 - Arkansas Travelers
- Offense Comes Alive to Beat Hounds 9-5 - San Antonio Missions
- Naturals Claim Series Opener over Drillers - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Drillers Suffer Narrow Loss in Road Trip Opener - Tulsa Drillers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.