February 11, 2006 - NBA Development League (D-League)
TODAY\'S SERIES INFO
- Fort Worth at Tulsa: 66ers lead 2-1. Flyers\' Kelenna Azubuike returns to city of prep stardom.
- Arkansas at Fayetteville: RimRockers lead 2-0. First game for Arkansas new head coach Andy Stoglin.
- Roanoke at Austin: First meeting. Dazzle has won six of last eight games.
Albuquerque 72, Florida 65
Roanoke 111, Fayetteville 104
Austin 97, Tulsa 87
CHECK THE BOX: Click on the links below to view the box scores from
WELCOME BACK: Three players registered big nights in their first game back after stints in the NBA. Melvin Sanders scored 21 and had six assists after returning from a 10-day contract with the San Antonio Spurs. Tulsa\'s John Lucas III had 19 points and six assists in his first game back after two 10-day deals with the Houston Rockets. The Wizards\' Peter John Ramos converted 9-of-11 FGA and scored 21 in his first action after being reassigned to the Dazzle.
MAKING THEIR DEBUT: Denver Nuggets assignee Julius Hodge played 25 minutes at Tulsa, scoring 22 points and making 7-of-14 FGA in his first game since being designated to the Austin Toros. Kevin Lyde hit 5-of-8 FGA and scored 14 in his first 25 minutes with the Fayetteville Patriots.
I HATE THIS BUS: The Fayetteville Patriots are 1-13 on the road. The Tulsa 66ers are 4-10.
COACHING HISTORY: Roanoke and Austin play for the first time ever tonight, but Dazzle coach Kent Davison and Toros coach Dennis Johnson split 10 meetings when Johnson was coach of the Florida Flame last season.
FORGING AHEAD: When the season began, Tulsa coach Joey Meyer owned two more D-League career wins than Florida coach Jeff Malone, but Malone has moved to the head of the class. Both in their fifth D-League seasons, Malone has a 122-109 record and Meyer is 116-112.
NOT UGLY ENOUGH: As ugly as Florida scoring just 13 points in the third quarter and then Albuquerque outdoing them with just 10 in the fourth must have been on Friday, neither was a record for scoring futility in a quarter. Roanoke managed just four (4) on March 10, 2002 against Fayetteville.
ALUMNI CHECK...D-League connections from NBA games of February 10
- 17 players and 8 referees with D-League connections suited up for
work in 12 NBA games on Friday.
- 2005 MVP Matt Carroll (Roanoke) had 26 points (5-7 3FGA) and 6 rebounds in 34 minutes for the Bobcats.
- Anthony Johnson (Mobile) scored 23 (10-14 FGA) and had 6 assists in 35 minutes for Indiana.
TODAY ON NBA TV
Time Show / Guest
Noon D-League Game of the Week / Fayetteville vs. Roanoke (from January 16)