Nailers Agree to Terms with Adam Ross
The Wheeling Nailers, proud ECHL affiliate of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Montreal Canadiens are excited to announce a transaction for the upcoming season. Wheeling has signed defenseman Adam Ross to a one-year ECHL contract.
"Adam is a big, strong, and tough defenseman, who brings a great physical presence to our lineup," said head coach Clark Donatelli. "I am looking forward to having him back on the team, as he looks to bring his game to the next level, and advance to the AHL," he said.
Ross, 25, returns to the Nailers for his second season of professional hockey, after playing the final 56 games of the 2011-12 campaign with Wheeling, following a trade with the Bakersfield Condors. Prior to turning pro, Adam played three seasons of junior hockey with the AJHL's Olds Grizzlys, on his way to attending Merrimack College, where he majored in Communications, while also playing hockey for four years. During his time with the Warriors, the Red Deer, AB native posted seven goals, 23 assists, and 30 points in 139 games, while also reaching the Hockey East Championship Game during his senior year of 2010-11. When his collegiate career came to an end, Ross immediately made the jump to the ECHL, playing in two games with the Victoria Salmon Kings, before joining the Condors at the start of the 2011-12 campaign. Adam was scoreless in 13 games with Bakersfield, before finding his nitch with Wheeling, where he grabbed two goals and 15 points in 56 games, while also serving as a tough customer for the opposition, picking up 98 penalty minutes.
"I am very excited to return to Wheeling," said Ross. "I really enjoy the town, the fans, and the great group of people that are a part of the organization. I am also excited to get the 2012-13 season going, and look forward to the opportunity to bring a championship to Wheeling," he said.
The Nailers will begin the regular season on October 13th in Cincinnati, in the first of four straight road games, before playing their home opener on October 26th against the Reading Royals. Nailers 2012-13 Ticket Packages are on sale now. Packages start at just $7.50 per game. Call 304-234-GOAL or wheelingnailers.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 1, 2012
- Thunder Announces Change to 2012-13 Schedule - Stockton Thunder
- Center Jesse Fratkin, Thunder Agree to Terms - Stockton Thunder
- Solar Bears to Raise Turner Cup Championship Banner - Orlando Solar Bears
- Sean Mitton & Andrew Hewitt on all new Episode of Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Condors Add Annesley and Meilleur to 2012-13 Roster - Bakersfield Condors
- Brendan Connolly Returning to the Road Warriors - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Komets Add Four to Roster; Champs Auger, Henley, Rizk Coming Back for More - Fort Wayne Komets
- Walleye and Red Wings Renew Affiliation - Toledo Walleye
- Nailers Agree to Terms with Adam Ross - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.