Mortensen Dominates in AirHogs Victory Over Wingnuts
Grand Prairie- The Grand Prairie AirHogs (25-18) were too much to handle for the Wichita Wingnuts shutting them out 3-0 Wednesday night at QuikTrip Park. Jared Mortensen was lights out going eight innings. In those eight innings he only gave up six hits and no runs. Mortensen also struck out 10 Wingnuts, his second most in a game on the season. His season ERA has dropped to 4.37 when it was 5.26 coming into Wednesday's game. Finishing the game and earning his 12th save was Patrick Mincey, who gave up one hit and no runs. All in all the pitching was on for the AirHogs, on Wednesday, recording their second shutout this season.
Raising his batting average to .305 was Brandon Pinkcney going 3-for-4 on the night and driving in the first run of the game in the third inning. Juan Richardson, flourishing in his DH position, went 2-for-4 and scored twice for the AirHogs. Bubba Dotson also went 2-for-4 on the night driving in Richardson once. Yasutsugu Nishimoto scored the first run for the AirHogs reaching safely with a bloop single in the third.
The AirHogs and Wingnuts will be back at QuikTrip Park Thursday July fourth for an explosive game three at 6:05 P.M. There will be fireworks on the field and off for a Fourth of July celebration after the game. It also seems fitting that the AirHogs bring a four-game winning streak on the Fourth of July. On the mound for the AirHogs will be Brandon Bargas and he will square off against Wingnuts' pitcher Anthony Capra.
American Association Stories from July 3, 2013
- Mortensen Dominates in AirHogs Victory Over Wingnuts - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Explorers Split Doubleheader With Gary - Sioux City Explorers
- Fish Turn Tables on the Saints - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Wingnuts Blanked in Grand Prairie - Wichita Wingnuts
- RailCats Whitewash Explorers to Gain Split - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints Get Great Starting Pitching, But Can't Finish It off Losing on a Walk-Off 3-2 - St. Paul Saints
- Stanton Shuts Down Saltdogs to Win Duel - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Saints Independence Day Celebration, Presented by Snapple and Cub Foods on July 6, Will Honor Disabl - St. Paul Saints
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - July 3rd, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Amarillo Postponed Tonight, Doubleheader Set For Tomorrow - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Torbert to Be Inducted Into Canaries Hall of Fame - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Zavada Signed by Padres - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Williamson Solid to Start July - Laredo Lemurs
- Victory Slips Away in Extra Innings - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Late inning runs cost Diablos a win - El Paso Diablos
- American Association Game Recap - AA
- Saints Breathe a Sigh of Relief as They Work Extras for 9-8 Win - St. Paul Saints
- RedHawks Pull Away Late to Take Opener - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.